• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early Pedersoli Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Pedersoli made an earlier Hawken rifle prior to their current Rocky Mountain Hawken? I recently purchased a Pedersoli Hawken that I believe is before their current one. The only barrel markings are in this order, the serial #, the cal., Pedersoli trademark, Black Powder only with made in Italy under that. It has a Maple stock with a 32" browned barrel, case hardened butt, lock, and trigger guard/group, and a pewter nose cap. I didn't like the plastic looking finish on the stock so I took it all down and refinished it. It had a few rough spots here and there but nothing major and I was able to fix them with no problems. The only down side, and it is only a slight one, is that it is a 50 cal instead of 54. I haven't yet been able to get it to the range as I just finished doing all the stuff on it that I wanted to do.

Anyway, back to my original question. Did Pedersoli make an earlier Hawken prior to their current one?

Here are my two Hawken rifles. The top one is an Allen from Santa Fe NM and the bottom one is the Pedersoli that I just purchased and re-did.

Untitled-2.jpg
[/img]

Over the years, Pedersoli has made several halfstock rifles of that type in both flint and percussion.

Among these are the Country Boy, the Hawken and the Plainsman.

Finally got to the range and shot the Pedersoli. Here is a four shot group at 50 yards, .490 patched round ball and 70 grains of FFFg Hogden black powder. I am very pleased with how it shoots. A bit of tweaking and I think I can do even better.

001-1-3.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back