• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Early CVA Kit w/ Douglas Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoaringBull

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have an early .45 caliber CVA Kentucky kit for sale. I'm not much of a builder, so I don't need it. I'm told it has a Douglas barrel. The trigger guard it broken and it's missing the ramrod thimbles and the plate that goes between the stock pieces. I'd like to get $275 plus $30 for shipping.

A good way to figure out if the barrel was made in Spain is to look for the proof marks. With the Spanish testing system the barrel will be stamped with something like "700kp/cm2". If there aren't any stamps that look like this, the barrel was probably made in the USA.

I've also heard that Douglas made barrels for CVA in the early years so it is possible the barrel in this kit is one of those.

I think that all the CVA barrels that were at one time rumored to have been made by Douglas or Sharon all had “made in USA” stamped on the barrel. Does this rifle have it?

No its not a douglas. 77 and 78 cva mountain rifles with the 4 screw patch box were the only models that used a douglas barrel and were marked made in the usa. Still doesnt hurt the price any imo. Cva barrels have always been shooters.

Very well could be a Douglas my friend. I have a kit gun identical to the one listed here.
No Spanish proofs. The only stamping’s are the CVA Inc., caliber, and serial number.

Barrel is, 7/8 “ and pretty beefy for a .45 caliber.

I’ve owned this rifle for years and then some? Haven’t shot it in a very long time. I do remember it being extremely accurate though!

Sorry for high jacking for post my friend. Just wanted to add that it could very well be what you listed it to be.

Respectfully, Cowboy

81EC6C06-2443-493F-8052-1B62728099F0.jpeg4DF7233B-3C2D-45A9-B67D-AF829864C2EE.jpeg1BC7EE63-F5AD-4DB5-B7D6-19E63B89E5D5.jpeg6595029C-BAD2-45D0-9543-90486D90F99B.jpeg

Congrats to the buyer!

Wether this barrel is Douglas or not which I tend to believe it very well could be? I will only add that these rifles are accurate and very well made with a little patience and attention to detail.

Also been around long enough to know that you should never except ones word as absolute without documentation. Even if that person profess’s to know without a shadow of a doubt?

Again, congratulations to both seller and new owner.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back