• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Early Cast Iron Dutch Oven Reveals Something

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0293-1_zps66f331f2.jpg

never ever even HEARD of anything like that much less seen it on a pot, WAY WAY AWESOME FIND. Do you know the maker or are there any ID marks on it. totally kool

It is obviously a "bean pot" :thumbsup: I am totally impressed. :thumbsup: Can't possibly forget the recipe.

Excellent. How about a picture of the whole pot? And, where on the pot is the recipe?

Spence

It has to be on the underside of the lid. If it were on the bottom you would constantly be pouring your beans out to read the recipe.
Unlike some boots whose instructions are on the bottom.

Gotta wonder just how old that pot is. I have a few old cookbooks and even until the 1840's they would say a "tea cup" of this or a lump of X the size of a hens egg. The measurements for the recipe just seem to modern & standardized to be more than 150 years old.

zimmerstutzen said:
Gotta wonder just how old that pot is. I have a few old cookbooks and even until the 1840's they would say a "tea cup" of this or a lump of X the size of a hens egg. The measurements for the recipe just seem to modern & standardized to be more than 150 years old.

I am gonna guess that the pot is from the late 1800's

Back