Early black powder recipes for bombards

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

sealgaire

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A chemistry professor at West Point has published her research on black powder used in 14th and 15th century bombards. There is a non-technical article in today's New York Times at

Dr. Riegner's technical report in the Amer. Chemical Society journal Omega can be found at

Enjoy

vintovka

MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The New York Times article is ruined by all the Pandemic BS and made me look no further so I missed the link below it The lower link is very good and worth a read. "Fauxvid" is closer to reality than covid.

cyten

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Great find on her write up! What vintovka thinks this has to do with covid is beyond me

gooddy51

32 Cal
Reaction score
A chemistry professor at West Point has published her research on black powder used in 14th and 15th century bombards. There is a non-technical article in today's New York Times at

Dr. Riegner's technical report in the Amer. Chemical Society journal Omega can be found at

Enjoy
Great article. Thanks for sharing

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
The New York Times article is ruined by all the Pandemic BS and made me look no further so I missed the link below it The lower link is very good and worth a read. "Fauxvid" is closer to reality than covid.
I note that you are a "Pilgrim" on this forum. Best to reserve your comments to actually addressing the topic instead of expressing your opinions on unrelated matters. You can go to the dark web for that.

azmntman

Cannon
Reaction score
His status as a pilgrim (supporting pilgrim) has zero to do with it. He can say what any of us can. I'm a "cannon" and have no more rights to spew than him???

SmokepoleSam

40 Cal
Reaction score
Vintovka may be listed as a "pilgrim" but he has 621 messages and has been a member since 2011, but as azmntman said that doesn't make any difference he can say anything that any other member says.

Latest posts