• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Early 18th Century Working Man's Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A simple yet well made bag as if made by an early saddler. This is to accompany a working man's early gun
The painting is of an English gamekeeper, 1725. (Credit to Chris Immel finding the color version of this image many moons ago.)

Now THAT is the kind of craftsmanship all leather workers should emulate even on their most simply designed pouches!

Just have to ask, is the coloring on the flesh side of the straps only from the oil you added to it?

Gus

Gus, yes that's just oil

Thank you.

This is something on which I've got up on a soap box about many times, I.E. the large number of repro leather goods sold where the flesh side of the leather is left bare on veg tanned leather. As soon as folks receive them, one normally and immediately should oil the flesh side properly.

The fact you already did it speaks well of your attention to detail!

Gus

"I like that style, nice and simple with no frills."

But with the lines of good looking bird
; )

"I like that style, nice and simple with no frills."

But with the lines of good looking bird
; )

James,

I keep looking at the Flap design on the Bobcat pouch in your Avatar.

I've been calling that Flap design a "Double Cyma Curve" on each side for decades, but I can't remember what you said the correct term for it is.

YES, I like that flap design a whole lot, myself !!

Gus

Back