• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early 18th Century Working Man's Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James,

I keep looking at the Flap design on the Bobcat pouch in your Avatar.

I've been calling that Flap design a "Double Cyma Curve" on each side for decades, but I can't remember what you said the correct term for it is.

YES, I like that flap design a whole lot, myself !!

Gus
Gus,
I'm no artist or architect so I really don't know for sure. On the cat bag I would call it more an undulating edge since the s curves never meet or end at a point like the terrible drawing below. If it came to a point I would guess a mirrored or double cyma curve? I think it would be recta and not reversa but its been a while.

My above comment on the bag in this thread refers to the bottom of the bag which after looking at the pictures resembles to me a shapley human "bottom".
"Bird" = British slang ; )

20210823_233205.jpg

My above comment on the bag in this thread refers to the bottom of the bag which after looking at the pictures resembles to me a shapley human "bottom".
"Bird" = British slang ; )

LOL!! OK, been to England twice and it still went WAY over my head the first time. 🤔 :thumb: :D

Thanks,
Gus

Back