• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early 1800's Outfit.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trench

62 Cal.
Reaction score
I just had an early 18th century tailed coat made and it arrived just in time to hand out candy to the kids. Its taken me about 2 years to really realize where I was going with my look, and I think I'm just about there.

IMG_2398.jpg

It's a far cry from where I started out.
ryanhunt.jpg

Trench,
Yer fittin' them dud's perty well!!! Looks like you have a fine tailor and a good eye for what your look is going to be! Very nice.

DonK

An excellent outfit - William Henry Harrison, look out! Looks like you're ready to march on Tippecanoe - or perhaps just enjoy another mug of the elixir in the tankard. :wink:

Good looking outfit, but you need a walking stick. Helps a gentlemen to deal with the riff raff.

looks like you traded up from a blanket to a bed !
a good jump in the right direction :hatsoff:

horner75 said:
Sorry, but I like the BEFORE LOOK!...Guess I'll always be just a commoner!

Rick :idunno:

I don't think there is anything wrong with my look when I first started putting things together. I just didn't really have a direction and I somehow or another realized I'm just a townie at heart who likes to hit the wilderness for adventure, but really likes that town to come back to between adventures. So, I settled on the early 19th century which is pretty rich in history for Indiana.

Very nice and fits like it was made for ya. :haha: :thumbsup:
Dusty :wink:

Who's going to RE tailor it for you when you put on a paunch? Hee, Hee! :blah: :rotf: :grin: :v
volatpluvia

volatpluvia said:
Who's going to RE tailor it for you when you put on a paunch? Hee, Hee! :blah: :rotf: :grin: :v
volatpluvia

No problems, that's why they cut the front out of the tail coats. Some say it was cut that way for horse riding, but it's there to accomodate the middle-aged spread. :blah:

look out haus! an itty bitty hostile is injin'in up on ye!

good call on not rolling up your sleeves like so many others out there. Keeps it historical.

mattybock said:
look out haus! an itty bitty hostile is injin'in up on ye!

good call on not rolling up your sleeves like so many others out there. Keeps it historical.

Right, the sleeves are supposed to go to the knuckles. Feels weird, but correct. You get used to it.

Back