• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had a couple of emails from Dutch and he is having difficulty in navigating the new format of the forum. I'm not sure he as able to get connected with the new log in etc. He indicated that he would welcome contact at his email: [email protected]

I also had a nice phone conversation with him this past weekend.

Dutch did not ask or suggest it, but if there is someone in the St. Louis area who could assist him in getting back on board here that would be great. I know it has taken me some time to get used to the new format and finally adjust the settings so I'm somewhat comfortable with the new system.

What is his member name? Dutch? I have one that is trying to get on and sounds as if he is trying to register rather than just log in.

I need his specific member name as there are 2 pages with Dutch in the name. And the single Dutch is someone that has not been on in years.
His email address does not map to any member name, so he must have had an old email in his profile.

Thanks I found him. What I will do is update his email in the file so the server will like him better. XF s/w is a bit picky on valid emails. Then I'll email him his name and a new password. That should get him in. Wish me luck.

We want him back with his buddies.!

He may need some other help. He did email me back and let me know what he thinks of things as only an old fellow can.

But, hopefully he can click on the link and then the sign in with the new password and get back on with all of you.

Thanks to all for thinking of our friend Dutch.
I too have been wondering how he would make out navigating the changes.
Hope we can get him back on board real soon.

Dutch and I are becoming good friends by email. He's neat. I hope to get time to read his posts and learn more about what he knows.

Last edited:
Again, if we have a member in the St. Louis area who could meet with him and help him get connected it would be great. It just takes some time to get acclimated to the new format and get the initial connections made. If one has a hard time seeing, then it can be very difficult. I wish I was closer, I'd try to help him.

I think he is now using Dr5x as a User ID.
Yup. Dutch is using Dr5x (Doctor 5 x) for his name right now.
I just sent him a PT giving him a link to the topic where folks can get their names changed. I hope he uses it and gets it fixed.

Hey Dutch. If your reading this, you can find my PT (called a "conversation" now) if you poke that little envelope in the upper right hand area of the screen.
Then, click on my post to open it.
If you want to see all of your old PT's, click on the "show all" in the box. All of your old PT's will show up if you ever want to read them.

Thank you Don, People are talking about me like I'm an old person completely out of it.
I want you to know there is still about 10% perking away.

My problem with this wonderful intelligence test we have been faced with at gun point is that I have made several brilliant, as usual, posts but they never show up anywhere. I feel like I'm standing on a mountain top howling into a void.
I did a lengthy post on MISFIRES that is out theres somewhere circling the Cleveland airport perhaps.
I have come to a temporary conclusion is that my posts are essentially Me talking to myself.
While I find me entertaining for short periods, that is not my intent
If you knew what it's like typing with full blown macular degeneration you would take off you beanies is respect..

Thanks for the kind words, Donald, although I doubt you have to endure reading the above which is now out in the void.

Dutch

Thanks to all for thinking of our friend Dutch.
I too have been wondering how he would make out navigating the changes.
Hope we can get him back on board real soon.
Thank You

Thank you Don, People are talking about me like I'm an old person completely out of it.
I want you to know there is still about 10% perking away.

My problem with this wonderful intelligence test we have been faced with at gun point is that I have made several brilliant, as usual, posts but they never show up anywhere. I feel like I'm standing on a mountain top howling into a void.
I did a lengthy post on MISFIRES that is out theres somewhere circling the Cleveland airport perhaps.
I have come to a temporary conclusion is that my posts are essentially Me talking to myself.
While I find me entertaining for short periods, that is not my intent
If you knew what it's like typing with full blown macular degeneration you would take off you beanies is respect..

Thanks for the kind words, Donald, although I doubt you have to endure reading the above which is now out in the void.

Dutch

Thank You
Dutch:
To find old posts you've made, click on your name on the name at the left side of the screen and select "Open in new tab" or "Open in new window". then click on the new tab or new window to get into it. Look for the box that says, "Postings" and click on it. It will open a screen that shows all of your posts by title so you can go right to it.

Here is the link for your comments on Misfires
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/misfires-pre-loading-the-nipple.111159/#post-1511863

Back