• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Schoultz : A Mighty Tree Has Fallen In the Forest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Dutch. After reading about his passing, I went and purchased his book. His daughter is selling them on eBay. She has included a note about his passing and his wishes to keep the book available to others.

It is with regret that I inform you that Dutch Schoultz ,the well known and much liked and respected author of the book "Black Powder Rifle Accuracy", passed on the 8th of April 2022 .
Dutch passed quietly and without pain at the age of 94 with his family at his side .
His Daughter Lynn will continue to sell his book .
I am so saddened to hear this. Dutch was both a gentle spirit and a gentleman. Those who follow us can only hope to know him and his wealth of information through his writing. He will be missed. It is, at least, some small consolation to me to know that he led a long and full life. May you rest in eternal peace, Dutch, and, "Thank You". My condolences to his family.

My condolences to Dutch’s family. I was honored to correspond some with Dutch, and did purchase (and continue to recommend) his book and system. We are diminished by his (and Zonie’s and others) passing, and should strive to emulate his (their) selfless sharing of knowledge and years of blackpowder wisdom and magic.

Requiescat in pace, brother!

‘Poet

It is with regret that I inform you that Dutch Schoultz ,the well known and much liked and respected author of the book "Black Powder Rifle Accuracy", passed on the 8th of April 2022 .
Dutch passed quietly and without pain at the age of 94 with his family at his side .
His Daughter Lynn will continue to sell his book .

This sport needs more of his caliber. He was always eager to help black powder shooters; both newbies and old timers.
He will be missed.

Another great one gone. He was kind and generous, eager to help us all become better shooters with a muzzleloader. And a sense of humor. If you didn't know him, go back and read some of his posts; you will enjoy them.

He gave me some stones to polish the insides of my flintlock...now I'll have to uncover them on my bench, and get to work. I've been neglecting the flintlock lately, life gets in the way.

It was good to have known you, Dutch. Condolences to Family and Friends.

Richard/Grumpa

My condolences to Dutch’s family. I was honored to correspond some with Dutch, and did purchase (and continue to recommend) his book and system. We are diminished by his (and Zonie’s and others) passing, and should strive to emulate his (their) selfless sharing of knowledge and years of blackpowder wisdom and magic.

Requiescat in pace, brother!

‘Poet
This captures my thoughts well; how do we encourage each other in the selfless sharing of knowledge, mentoring, and good will?

I couldn't find my copy of Dutch's papers, and Lynn graciously sent me the pdf version.

Back