• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dutch Schoultz : A Mighty Tree Has Fallen In the Forest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear Dutch has gone under. Very much liked his work and I am honored to have his book. The world is less now.

If you do now know his work, his methods on working on your accuracy are a great study.

My best to all his family.

Some have a legacy that outlives the body, that is truly so of Dutch. His influence will truly be felt for years to come I pray that the Lord comforts his loved ones left behind.
Dave

It is with regret that I inform you that Dutch Schoultz ,the well known and much liked and respected author of the book "Black Powder Rifle Accuracy", passed on the 8th of April 2022 .
Dutch passed quietly and without pain at the age of 94 with his family at his side .
His Daughter Lynn will continue to sell his book .
so sad RIP

😢
It is with regret that I inform you that Dutch Schoultz ,the well known and much liked and respected author of the book "Black Powder Rifle Accuracy", passed on the 8th of April 2022 .
Dutch passed quietly and without pain at the age of 94 with his family at his side .

I am in shock. I knew Dutch since 1979. We wrote and spoke many times. Really a terrific fellow. I visited him in St Louis. He was one droll and funny cat. He got me going with accurate BP rifle shooting. I started with a kit built T/C Renegade, and he got me shooting well. We talked about all aspects of shooting, and life, and aging. Dutch always with great humor,, and a sense of the absurd. I loved the guy. I am bereft.

So sad. I'm relatively new to this hobby, 4-5 years or so. I consider myself lucky to have corresponded with Dutch, feel fortunate to have a copy of his system. He will be missed.

I never met the guy I guess I guess the best way we can pay our respects is to emulate the same attitude he had always help others be free with her knowledge and we have a couple things to send to a new shooter send my ball starter send him a little quick tips this happen to be on the range and this is how you can fix it

Rest In Peace Dutch
it was my honour to have spoken with you on more than one occasion, and it was your system that got me on target. I thank you for that.

He helped a lot of people with this sport , My thoughts and sympathy go out to his family.

Thank you and God Bless Dutch, may his memory be a blessing to us all.

Back