Dutch Oven

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Cornbread

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
And just where’s the cornbread in this discussion? Allow me to oblige….

54D0B8E4-36EE-4626-9DE8-D91E57BA248B.jpeg

“Martha White’s Cotton Country Buttermilk Cornbread” does nicely if not baking it from scratch. The mix comes in a small pouch. It’s found at some stores (Wally Mart) and Amazon usually has it. Plus it’s cheap! Just add water….and NEVER any sugar!

Cheers,
James

appalichian hunter

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Warm corn bread, sweet butter just dont get any better than that. Unless ya have a pot of pintos and ham hocks with some cubed potatoes in with them. Makes my tounge want too lick my belly button.

mushka

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been cooking with dutch ovens for many years and some of it took some time to learn. You gotta want to do it and spend the time. Some folks don't, and they miss out I think. For whatever reason I still have trouble with rolls, simple but they resist my baking skills with the oven. Funny stuff.

Red Owl

40 Cal
Reaction score
Well let me state that I have trouble will a kitchen oven when it comes to baking bread, rolls, etc. So it would be doubly hard for the Dutch oven. I like the idea of lining with foil just because it would make the clean up a lot easier. I was in West Texas about a year ago, in a place I could shoot javalinas. I figured I could turn them into chili. I actually ran into a small herd of about 6 but it was late in the day, I was really tired from running around in the mountains all day and I just kept walking back to my tent. Sort of regret it now as the skulls make nice trophies.

Latest posts