• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dutch Oven Corn Souffle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom A Hawk

Cannon
MLF Sponsor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I do this one in a 9" diameter oven.

1 - preheat the oven
2 - melt 1/2 stick of butter
3 - Add: 1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 1 can creamed corn, 1 egg and 1 box Jiffy corn bread
4 - mix well
5 - place 11-12 briquettes on top and 7 under
6 - bake about 40 minutes until the top turn golden brown
7 - make sure to get your serving first as it goes really fast with company...

Last edited:
Oh ya!, bake a loaf of bread the day before and make French toast.

You and I would camp well next to each other, We'd both probably gain 20 pounds but we'd have fun.

Dutch ovens are extremely versatile and fun.

I do this one in a 9" diameter oven.

1 - preheat the oven
2 - melt 1/2 stick of butter
3 - Add: 1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 1 can creamed corn, 1 egg and 1 box Jiffy corn bread
4 - mix well
5 - place 11-12 briquettes on top and 7 under
6 - bake about 40 minutes until the top turn golden brown
7 - make sure to get your serving first as it goes really fast with company...
If you like a little spice add a 6 oz can of green chilies. Or if you like more spice canned or fresh jalapeño, and if your feeling down and suicidal, one Carolina reaper or one ghost pepper

This looked like a recipe I should try, as it sounds really good. When going through the grocery store yesterday, I picked up the ingredients and danged if I didn't remember to get the green chilies. Guess I'll have to put it off for a day or two....but it's something that's stuck in my mind now and have to try it !

Try a pineapple upside down cake in a Dutch Oven sometime. Just put pineapple rings on the greased bottom with a cherry centered in each one. get your yellow cake batter ready and pour it over the fruit. Let it cook and if you're more skillful than me, you can turn it out onto a plate, LOL. Just eat it. Don't put any on top of your head; your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get to it!

That corn souflee kept working on me, so I got busy and made up one. I just took a cast iron pan, dropped some butter in to wet the sides and bottom of the pan and added the ingredients. I added 2 eggs instead of one, and one small can of diced green chilies. It was great !! It's a recipe to remember..

Okay. Back to the original recipe.
Sounds great. I can taste it just reading. And it reminds me of a similar recipe I used to make.
Follow your recipe to a tee, but....
Reconstitute 8 dried ancho chilies. Clean out the seeds and stems. Stuff each ancho with one stick of cheddar and one stick of jack cheese. Lay them in the bottom of the Dutch oven. Put one tablespoon of mole poblano sauce on each pepper. Add the cornbread batter all around and bake.
Serve with refried beans and eggs.
Pop a cold beer with it for breakfast. Wife didn't want to go this time so whats stopping you?
Enjoy. Go back to bed. The woods walk wont start till noon anyway.

Latest posts

Back