Durability of mocs??

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Florian

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Alexander Mackenzie wrote in one of his journals that, on the journey up the "river of disappointment" the mocs of their group members had to be replaced every day cause of the wearout.
Now my question: What do you do on longer trips? Do you alway carry some extra leather for resoling your shoes or even extra mocs?

I've also tried the search, but I didn't found nothing...
Florian

Bearbait2

SourDough
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. Florian,
The extra leather for repairing/resoling or extra mocs would certainly be the most PC. However, I cheat and use a thin layer of ShoeGoo (sp) for a protective covering on the soles. It really does a great job and lasts quite awhile.
Best Wishes

twobirds

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Florian said:
...what's a PC
Florian
PC is short for "politically correct". Used in this forum, it means "historically accurate".

Adding an outer sole when the original wore thin was common, as was just carrying extra mocs to last the duration of your trip. Depending upon your portrayal, there may be some styles of rawhide or heavy-soled mocs that would also be appropriate.

Hota

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Florian said:
Hmm a silly question: what's a PC :confused: :redface:
Florian
period correct - time period that is or as stated above, historically accurate

Okwaho

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Robert Beverly writing in 1705 about Virginia Indians mentions moccasins made originally with a double sole and with what appears to be a puckered toe.
Tom Patton

Latest posts