• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Dublin Castle Brown Bess with extras

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am offering up this reproduction Brown Bess for sale, with the accessories shown. I will let the pictures describe it. I have put a dozen rounds through it myself, but need to sell it to help pay for some serious dental work. :ghostly:

I am including the sling, flash cup, cartridge box, the flint wallet and tools I made, the cleaning tools, a dozen flints, and over 80 each of .690 and .715 balls. (The bore actually measures about .720 inside.) The ramrod tip has been drilled and tapped for cleaning tools, but I strongly suggest using a range rod.

(Additional pics below)

I'm asking $600 for everything, including shipping within the CONUS. Paypal or checks accepted (with a hold until clear.)
20200709_100922.jpg20200709_100816.jpg20200709_100546.jpg20200709_093705.jpg20200709_093620.jpg20200709_093647.jpg20200709_100058.jpg20200709_093815.jpg20200709_093854.jpg

Interesting, while the lock is marked Dublin Castle, it appears to be fitted out with brass hardware rather than steel. It is appears to be an India import / Teak wood stock.
There is no date on the lock which Loyalist Arms advertises that they date their lock to either 1728 or 1740. Veterans Arms do not appear to date their locks. Military Heritage is not offering this at this time.

Is there a single or double bridle on the frizzen? ei does it rest between two pieces of metal or just one on the inside near the barrel.
When you fired it, does the flash guard move?
What is the overall length of the rifle.

I may be interested. Any chance you have the bayonet for it?

Thanks,
Woody

Interesting, while the lock is marked Dublin Castle, it appears to be fitted out with brass hardware rather than steel. It is appears to be an India import / Teak wood stock.
There is no date on the lock which Loyalist Arms advertises that they date their lock to either 1728 or 1740. Veterans Arms do not appear to date their locks. Military Heritage is not offering this at this time.

Is there a single or double bridle on the frizzen? ei does it rest between two pieces of metal or just one on the inside near the barrel.
When you fired it, does the flash guard move?
What is the overall length of the rifle.

I may be interested. Any chance you have the bayonet for it?

Thanks,
Woody

Hi, Woody,

The frizzen is double bridled, the flash guard does not move once the screw is tightened. The OAL is 62". I do not have a bayonet, regrettably.

Going by the care you have gone to with the accessories Ide say it was a good deal on a well loved musket. Indian most like but plenty wood to shape it up better .I don't need one just an observation . Rudyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back