• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dryballed - Issue with TOTW puller

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the later, I lie about it, who me??? is a load with out a charge the same??

Attractive women can be a source of dryballing. Perhaps a new range rule?....very nice looking females must wear hair in a bun, no make up and overalls and combat boots. Nahh some of us would get REALLY worked up then, just take yer tools boys (and lube and preferably swipe so it will come right out!)

I'm not against using my Co2 but a blow gun on the air compressor once back at home works great and wont burn up Co2 cartridges. A ball puller jag is first choice at range or hunting of course. Co2 is when common sense methods fail and sometimes they do.
upload_2019-10-22_11-9-53.jpeg

After reading all these posts about snafus I will say this; been there, done that. More than once.

I can say that I have never done that. oh did I say that? sorry my bad.

Heck, anymore I can get distracted and dryball when I'm all by myself! If an attractive young lady showed up, I'd just call it a day, lol! Since all I have are cappers, I just remove the nipple, dribble in some powder, and bloop it out the barrel. Oh, and a reminder, if it doesn't come out the first time, make sure you push the ball back down. I doubt you could dribble in enough powder to bulge the barrel, but the excess space at the breech will probably ruin the chance of blooping it out.

I do have a ball puller in my bag, but I have yet to use it. I may try making one of the sheetrock screw variety because the commercial one I have does look awful blunt. I just hope the bloop method continues to work for me.

The couple of times I have had to do that, I swab the barrel with a mink oil saturated patch, then trickle and ignite.
I has come out the first time. Dry balling a couple of times has been no big deal.
Just don't panic, it's not the end of the world, just another black powder experience...

The couple of times I have had to do that, I swab the barrel with a mink oil saturated patch, then trickle and ignite.
I has come out the first time. Dry balling a couple of times has been no big deal.
Just don't panic, it's not the end of the world, just another black powder experience...

Good idea on lubing the bore first. I've never had to do that, but I'll keep it in mind for the future...just in case I get distracted, lol!

Latest posts

Back