• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Drop-in Bore Light

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I could use some help in finding this product. We've seen plenty of photos showing lighted clean and sparkling bores. But I haven't found this little light.
Anyone have a line on where I can get one ?

For most of the time I use the lighted bobbers, but O'rily's auto parts sells an inspection light that is really bright and will fit into bores as small as a 22.

I used lighted arrow nocks. Bought a six pack five years ago and still using the same one. Battery is still going strong. They are small enough to drop down a 32 bore.

Attachments

• 79C028F8-EDAA-4E0D-9E5A-AF2A624CBBBC.png
    79C028F8-EDAA-4E0D-9E5A-AF2A624CBBBC.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
A trick a friend showed me was drop a clean unloaded nickel plated revolver/pistol brass/casing down the barrel of a MZ (rim up), then shine a small flashlight with some intensity down the barrel. You won't see the breech end of course but the bore really stands out. A 38/357 works well for 45 caliber and up, couldn't ell ya what say a 32-40 would take. Ya have to do a try and see using a smaller caliber than 38/357. Works when nothing else is to be had.

when it will fit / slide down a bore, I slide a 45 cal. Nickle plated case down the bore primer end up and shine a flash light down the bore. it has worked for me. and I do it at a gun shop when you want to see what it looks like.

One other option is to go to your local hobby store and look at the small round mirrors they sell for decorating. Glue one to the end of an appropriate sized dowel, slide down the barrel and shine a small pen light down the bore to see.

I use glow in the dark, flourescent, bracelets. They don't light up the night, but do pretty good down a barrel. About 8" long, sold almost anywhere toys or crafts are sold.

I could use some help in finding this product. We've seen plenty of photos showing lighted clean and sparkling bores. But I haven't found this little light.
Anyone have a line on where I can get one ?
I have a couple of different bore lights and they work alright…stopped by Harbor freight looking for something better and came up with an Inspection Camera.. $39.00 on a close out ..I bought it and it is absolutely great for looking down the bores of my .50 Cals from the breach plug ,rifeling all the way out the barrel and obviously many other uses….

If you have any small mag flashlights screw the top off and stick the light in your flash hole it wont fall over cause it,s sitting flush on the flats where the flash hole is.

If you’re in a hurry, or just don’t want to buy anything, you can simply tape an LED onto a button cell battery and drop it in the bore. See how people make “LED Throwies”, and leave out the magnet.

Latest posts

Back