• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Drone photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on a good day i can walk 200 yards then have to stop and wait 20 minutes for my breath and energy to catch up with me. i went hunting last week i covered 3 miles. in the past whitetail hunting i had to keep myself from covering ground to fast. now it is forced on me.
if i had a drone i figure i would miss more than i would see.

My son uses drones for work and I’ve played with those a bit. The field of view is very wide on a relatively small screen and most consumer stuff doesn’t have any zoom capability. You’re very right in your assessment. The faster you move and the farther you are from the ground, the less you see.

None of us know how we’ll age… you can watch what you eat, exercise, etc. But life happens and much is beyond our control. I’m very fortunate, just turned 76 and I can do nearly everything I want to do. Slower, and not without cost I never bore in younger years. But I plan to do this until I’m dragged out of the woods… (or never found, out there…) Can’t ask for more and I’d never look down at a person using any legal means to keep themselves out in the field. This is so much more than the meat on the table, the guns, the people we hunt with… all of it. It’s important.

Don't know why you hate them, but it is a free world. I am 77 years old and my Mavic Pro comes in handy checking the gutters for bird nests, and roof struture of my home.
This old man is not doing ladders anymore.😂
Larry
Could use some one knowledgeable in their use to survey my two story roof. 1994 circa may be time for a replacement. 😁

This is why I have one on its way to me now, want a close look at the roof.

There are some hoops to jump through if you want to be legal with the FAA. Control and $$...
Like back in the heyday of the CB radio, 70’s and 80’s. One was supposed to get a call sign and numbers, I did but Not many users bothered, bet it’s the same with the FFA and drones.

FFA rules do not apply for drones under 250 grams
ONLY if for recreational flight. "Commercial" or flights in support of non-profit still require part 107 and require registration no matter the weight.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers
The default regulation for drones weighing under 55 pounds is Part 107. Almost all non-recreational drone flying is regulated by Part 107.

• Note: Non-recreational drone flying include things like taking photos to help sell a property or service, roof inspections, or taking pictures of a high school football game for the school's website. Goodwill can also be considered non-recreational. This would include things like volunteering to use your drone to survey coastlines on behalf of a non-profit

Don't know why you hate them, but it is a free world. I am 77 years old and my Mavic Pro comes in handy checking the gutters for bird nests, and roof struture of my home.
Larry

I don’t like them either. Most drone owners use them to check out what their neighbors are doing.
No matter where you are outside, whether in a suburban area or in the mountains, or your back 40, a little more of our privacy is disappearing. They are not a problem where I live YET, but I have no doubt that will change.
Plus the various arms of the government are using them and you can’t tell whose drone it is.
I wish it was legal to shoot them. I would even buy a license to do that when they become a problem where I live,, if I could get one.
Shouldn’t have to get a license for shooting pests, though.

Larry

But how often do you need to do that?
That’s what sons and grandsons are for.

But how often do you need to do that?
That’s what sons and grandsons are for.
Hey if you don't like them so be it. Do have a cell phone or computer? How much of your private life might be lost there??
Drones are a hoot to fly and they take awsome photos of this beautiful Earth from altitudes that my body does not normally see. If someone is abusing another's privacy then I am totally with you on that.
Larry

I don’t like them either. Most drone owners use them to check out what their neighbors are doing.
No matter where you are outside, whether in a suburban area or in the mountains, or your back 40, a little more of our privacy is disappearing. They are not a problem where I live YET, but I have no doubt that will change.
Plus the various arms of the government are using them and you can’t tell whose drone it is.
I wish it was legal to shoot them. I would even buy a license to do that when they become a problem where I live,, if I could get one.
Shouldn’t have to get a license for shooting pests, though.
How do you know that “most drone owners use them to check out what their neighbors are doing”? You may be projecting there. Certainly jumping waaay out there to an unsupported conclusion. Believe it. Most people really don’t think that way.

How do you know that “most drone owners use them to check out what their neighbors are doing”? You may be projecting there. Certainly jumping waaay out there to an unsupported conclusion. Believe it. Most people really don’t think that way.

Most drone owners don’t use them to spy on people, but it only takes a few to to violate a lot of people’s expectations of some degree of privacy when out of sight of a house or highway.
One snoopy droner can snoop on a lot of people and places in the course of an hour.

Most drone owners don’t use them to spy on people, but it only takes a few to to violate a lot of people’s expectations of some degree of privacy when out of sight of a house or highway.
One snoopy droner can snoop on a lot of people and places in the course of an hour.
Sure they could. Honestly, so many people look at drones in much the same way that non shooters look askance at guns and gun owners. Ignorance of the technology and the motivations of the users is really what it comes down to.

Back