• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Drill bit size?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1605737974224.png

I shoot a .54 most of the time and didn't even try to find a 35/64 bit around town, I knew it would result in a lot of driving and a lot of blank stares from dumbfounded clerks.

A quick check on eBay turned up a bunch of them shipped free .

I made ball blocks for me, I made ball blocks for my friends, I even shipped some for free to a newbie guy who asked the same question as the one above.

Osage

loading block 001.JPG

Walnut crotch wood

walnut loading block 001.JPG

Making ball blocks is fun and relaxing. You can make them in all shapes. I have made them in heart shapes to give young girls at shoots.

Like the bottom one, nice color.

rusticbob:
I sel .54 cal ball blocks. I have one listed in the Shootings Ac
I shoot a .54 most of the time and didn't even try to find a 35/64 bit around town, I knew it would result in a lot of driving and a lot of blank stares from dumbfounded clerks.

I made ball blocks for me, I made ball blocks for my friends, I even shipped some for free to a newbie guy who asked the same question as the one above.

Osage

View attachment 50920

Walnut crotch wood

View attachment 50921
rusticbob:
I sell .54 cal ball blocks. I have one listed in the shooting
accessories forum if you're looking to purchase one. If not, good luck and have fun making one.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy:
I agree with Osage. I bought one off of eBay for about $10.00 and free shipping. I buy ALL my odd ball drill bits there. As a machinist, I have a complete set of every fraction, letter, and number drill bit there is, BUT you'll always find that the ONE you need; is the one you DON'T have? ;) :dunno: Good luck.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Osage

View attachment 50920

Walnut crotch wood

View attachment 50921
Nice work, Eric! Clean, simple, unpretentious, and nicely finished. Permanently marking the caliber size on each block is a good idea.

Notchy Bob

Back