• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dream Reproductions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do it! I did so on my Zoli and cut the barrel to 26", retained the military band type setup, and cut down the rear sight to a nub. I want to replace the rear sight with something better, but as it is it is dead on. I had to shorten mine to get the weight off; my left arm is part paralyzed. Kept the sling but made a new one correct for CW era.
Can you post a pic of that? I'd like to see it... :)

I've been thinking of cutting down a Zouave to make a Buffalo Carbine type...
my very first muzzleloader was a BUFFALO CARBINE that I personally bought from TURNER KIRKLAND at his booth at FRIENDSHIP,IND. and shot it at the range, also bought all of the things to shoot it from him!! it was a 23 hour drive each way, but well worth it! that was in 1964.

my very first muzzleloader was a BUFFALO CARBINE that I personally bought from TURNER KIRKLAND at his booth at FRIENDSHIP,IND. and shot it at the range, also bought all of the things to shoot it from him!! it was a 23 hour drive each way, but well worth it! that was in 1964.
The one I had was a Navy Arms, sweet gun. Lost it in the 2014 house fire... :(

For those who like an English SxS flintlock - this one is in what we would now call 16g.
1603556670964.png

Nice? Yup.
Affordable? Maybe.
1603556553336.png

Here in UK it cost just £3500 about five years ago. Now it, and the gentleman shooting it lives in France, as do all his other beautiful guns, muzzleloading and 'others'. Like many, he got totally breezed-off with the gun laws here, and simply moved on over to his vacation home in Provence, lucky man.

For those who like an English SxS flintlock - this one is in what we would now call 16g.
View attachment 47652
Nice? Yup.
Affordable? Maybe.
View attachment 47651
Here in UK it cost just £3500 about five years ago. Now it, and the gentleman shooting it lives in France, as do all his other beautiful guns, muzzleloading and 'others'. Like many, he got totally breezed-off with the gun laws here, and simply moved on over to his vacation home in Provence, lucky man.
WOW!! it must be nice! guess that is something that I will never experience or know??

WOW!! it must be nice! guess that is something that I will never experience or know??

As any of the UK-based shooters here might tell you, there are thousands of similar shotguns, SxS and fowling pieces too, on sale here in UK. How much you spend is entirely up to you, but figure on around $1000-1500 to get one that is actually in proof and ready to shoot. Next time I get to shoot a gun like this, I'll take pics for you all to see, but remember that friend Feltwad here has already posted a bunch of stuff on guns like this - flintlocks, too!

Any WELL MADE (and affordable) wheel lock with a DEPENDABLE lock

You need to talk to Dr Balász Németh [capandball on Youtube] about that. He had a pair made for him by a Polish gentleman and posted his experience of shooting them on his channel. However, be advised that 'affordable' and 'well-made' do not fit together well when talking about wheel lock guns of any kind.

Imagine making a Baroque-style clock, with all its ornamentation and complexity, entirely by hand.

Twice.

I'd imagine that an offering starting into five figures might be considered.

Back