• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dove Season is Upon Us

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dove opener was a washout here yesterday. Torrential rains from T.S. Ida. Flooding everywhere. I may go out this evening.

Wow. We are just getting accurate reports of the devastation in New England caused by the wake of Hurricane Ida. Feel mighty bad for you folks, so far we are getting lucky out here in the far West. Very strange weather we are getting, with high winds taking out trees that have stood for fifty years, intense early summer heat evaporating our snowpack before it could run off, causing impending draught conditions. Our doves mostly bailed early for the summer ranges a few days before season opener this year. Usually they know something we don't so we are laying in the firewood and winterizing for an extreme cold spell. We have had no winter to speak of since the gutbuster of 2016, we are about due for another snowzilla. At least finally semi-retired, I won't have to drive and be out in it so much.

Back