• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DOUBLEDEUCE 1's first customized tomahawk.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DOUBLEDEUCE 1 and I have been communicating both here on the forum and via personal email since him seeing my thread on customizing various commercial tomahawks. He decided he wanted to give it a shot himself so after some questions he decided on the CRKT tomahawk to be the one to try his hand at customizing. My opinion is he has done a fantastic job and I wanted to congratulate him on a job well done and share some photos of what he accomplished.

Michael's hawk1.JPG
Michael's hawk-2-1.JPG
Michael's hawk-3.JPG

Last edited:
I hope that you or Doubledeuce 1 would be willing to describe the process. All hand filing and sawing? I would like to hear about the inlay process as well. Very nicely done. After completing this, would you consider it a good place for a beginner to start?

Thistle,
I started this project after seeing what I considered stunning work by Shiloh. We communicated via emails and private messaging. He pretty much laid everything out for me and provided me with guidance. Truly, I do t think I would have started this without his support. I was looking for something to occupy my time during this crazy stay at home period. Jokingly, I call this my “quarantine tomahawk”. It kept me busy, off the streets and out of jail...

About 95% was hand file work. 1% maybe was hacksaw work. The remainder was done with abrasives. Finally the finish was done using the oven and stove top burners and a propane torch.

Having never done an inlay in metal before, this took me about an hour, and two cups of coffee. Total time for me on this project was about thirty hours and several pots of coffee and some sandwiches.

Again, I owe it all to Shiloh. Thanks Shiloh for being an inspiration and teacher. :thumb::thumb::thumb::cool:

Pab 1,
I owe it all to the Zen Master, Shiloh.
The project helped keep my head on straight during this “quarantine” stuff.

Back