• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Double boom.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried to use a pipe cleaner to clean the flash channel, but after a while, I stopped doing that. My bucket of hot soapy water using Murphy's Oil Soap followed up with a rinse with hot water from the shower nozzle seems to be sufficient. Then again, when I use Triple 7 without a BP kicker charge, I get about a 50% ignition rate. Maybe I'll get the pipe cleaners out again and see if it helps.

The patented breech seems to be the obvious place. When I got home I poured hot water down the barrel them swabbed it with a patch until it sucked the water. I fitted a rubber tube to the nipple, dunked it into a hot soapy solution then used the rod and patch to suck and pump the solution through the patented breech. Don’t know what else can be done in that regard.
Glad to hear that others have been there.

Nagantino
The vacuum created by sucking with the patch and rod cleans out everything including the patent breech. Ever since I started cleaning that way over 25 years ago I have not had a problem. Before that I did it Sam Fadala's non water way, It took longer and didn't clean out the breech and was messier. I didn't know or have internet in the mid 90's just Sam's books which were a lot better than nothing to a newbie.

Back