• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Double Ball Smoothbore Shooting with mixed results:

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool and interesting. I’ve been curious, what is that green thing on your hat?
Its one of those silly "fidget spinners" that little kids "just had to have" a few years ago. They are a spinning thingy & I just had to try spinning one myself........black powder style. Instead of putting playing cards cut in half on your hat, I put this silly thing on there as a "trophy"...LOL
Here is what happened back in 2017:

Sure. Not critisizing at all sir.
It's about having fun and your approach is just how I do it 👍
Oh I agree.....I didn't see your post as criticism. There are so many ways to load a smoothbore. I'd love to try them all...just doing them on video would take a while...LOL
I'm going to pickup a small ball mould soon & pour some small balls for a buck & ball load video. I'm going to set up a lot of different cool things to shoot. That's coming soon. Thanks for watching my friend....

Two .600 balls should weigh around 650 grains or just shy of 1.5 oz. Sitting on top of 90 grains of powder, that's a pretty stout load for a 20 gauge. I hope no shoulders were harmed in the making of this video...😄

Its one of those silly "fidget spinners" that little kids "just had to have" a few years ago. They are a spinning thingy & I just had to try spinning one myself........black powder style. Instead of putting playing cards cut in half on your hat, I put this silly thing on there as a "trophy"...LOL
Here is what happened back in 2017:

Ha, too much fun. Sorry about the vice grips though. : {

You are pushing about 650 grains of lead down the bore with those loads. No wonder the recoil is noticeable at 90 grains.
My smoothbore flinter is an 11 bore, and the .735 round balls run about 575 grains each. Not sure I am terribly eager to work up loads with two at once ...

Back