• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD DOUBLE BALL/SHOT BAG FOR SMOOTHBORE SHOOTERS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just finished one of my original ball/shot bags I designed years ago for those of us who are smoothbore shooters.
Bag was made from 7/8 Oz. grade #1 tooling leather. After sewing with Barbour's Pure Flax Sinew, #5, the bag was wet sand formed and then dyed and waxed for years of service.
Bag measures 5 1/2" wide,1 3/4" thick, 5" in height w/o the plugs, and 6" when the plugs are included.
Bear paws burnt into all four sides and the draw string is adjusted with an antler tip.
Strap measures 65" and can be shortened to whatever the buyer chooses. "O" rings and buckle are solid brass.
Will hold up to a .62 R/B on either side but was designed to hold R/B on one side and shot in the other.
Priced at $79.00 which includes shipping to the lower 48.

Attachments

• IMG_8400.JPG
    IMG_8400.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8401.JPG
    IMG_8401.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8403.JPG
    IMG_8403.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8402.JPG
    IMG_8402.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 76
I've got one of these from Cutfingers and love it. It is particularly handy when I'm taking the fowling piece out for a few days on a hunt in that crossover time of year when small and big game are open.
Don't think a smoothbore shooter would regret this purchase.

Just for clarification to future inquiries, a typical 12-gauge load is 1 1/8 ounces of shot. Therefore 1 1/2lb will equal about 13 shots. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cutfingers, I will take it sir.
Yes that is about right as 1 1/8 once to 1 1/4 once are about the average depending on game size for a 12 ga.
I was not thinking about my 3 20 ga's which this will be perfect for. I have sent you a PM sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back