• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Don't know what I have!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it looks like a great project rifle. I've seen worse barrels than that coming good with some 'gun-love', care and attention. Here in UK the law prevents us from taking on project guns like this, more's the pity, as it is a replica, and so has to be registered and have possession authorised by the county firearms department.

Let's see how it all turns out. :)

You may have a problem if you want to shoot it. Douglas barrels were drilled from octagon blanks so they often had run out. The name was stamped on the flat with the run out, that flat was supposed to be either the top or the bottom flat so you could compensate for the run out with your sights. Yes some Douglas barrels didn't have run out but they were marked XX to show they were premium barrels. Probably going to have problems with accuracy with it.

Id do some searching for a club or group in area, find when and where they gather to shoot, take you rifle along and you will get lots of help , Ideas and suggestions.

12L14 barrels may have cracks in them, as part of the col drawing to round. I first learned this from a steel copany metallurgist in the early 1980's. This grade of steel is sensitive to these small cracks.

I have a revolver made some years ago in Macon.
1648836743518.png

Back