• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dont forget your powder.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Target shooting the day before deer season with the flinter. Got into the tree stand on opening day and got all settled in. Early afternoon, a six point buck walks across the field, about 20 yards away from my stand. Quietly cock the hammer and squeeze the trigger.....KLATCH ! No spark. Deer stops, I reset the lock....KLATCH ! Deer walks away. I look at the flint and realize that it was the one from the previous day. Dull flint from target shooting. Had I changed the flint, there would have been meat in the freezer.

Moral of the story....always start your hunt with a fresh flint. It will greatly increase your chance of success.

Note to self: get more flints.

Still haven't shot any of my four flintlocks. I haven't shot a muzzleloader of any kind since 2007.

cigarette filters! now you are really bringing up the past. I hadn't thought about using them in 60+ years. thanks for
the memories!
welcome ! they were every where on the ground. never had to worry about the spit that was on them, and oh yes someone's spit was on them! didn't think about that for us non smoker's. but also no CARONS virus then. PS. glad I woke up some oh those little grey cells. LOL!

Back