• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

don brown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
henry sporting rifle. 45 caliber. 30 inch barrel, Kit gun. from 1996 and needs assembled, not finished. Percussion, 1-32 twist. In crate. Octagon barrel. Is this worth $650? I have a chance to buy it but I know nothing about it. Does this sound good. Thank you

Don made super accurate rifles , as long as all the parts are there that is an exceptional value . The Alexander Henry rifle is one I keep a look out for , I think it would be worth considerably more , Even if the kit is not complete a guy called Rod England has taken over since Don passed so there will be no problem with parts . If the sights are there they are probably worth more than $650
BUY IT , do not hesitate you will never regret buying this rifle kit . Even if you have to pay someone else to assemble it for you Buy It . You maybe realise by this time I think they are the finest caplock target rifle one can buy .

It is a little usual with the slower twist and full oct. barrel.

Badger made the barrels for Don, at least for the target rifles. Badger Barrels are great BTW if you are not familiar with them. No longer in business.

I would jump at the parts for that price. I have two target rifles that came from Don's kits. I always enjoyed my phone calls with him before he passed.

Fleener

Don made super accurate rifles , as long as all the parts are there that is an exceptional value . The Alexander Henry rifle is one I keep a look out for , I think it would be worth considerably more , Even if the kit is not complete a guy called Rod England has taken over since Don passed so there will be no problem with parts . If the sights are there they are probably worth more than $650
BUY IT , do not hesitate you will never regret buying this rifle kit . Even if you have to pay someone else to assemble it for you Buy It . You maybe realise by this time I think they are the finest caplock target rifle one can buy .
I know you know your stuff cutfingers, reading your past posts. I'm going to go ahead and get it. Thank you for taking the time to post. I have to drive a couple of hours away to my friends to get it. when I do I will post pictures. Thanks again man.

Back