• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

doing stuff????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a Cassoulet today, ok, I cheated and used a slow cooker. Cassoulet is a French word that is a white bean stew with chicken, andouille sausage, and tomato. Man, it was tasty! this is what was left. Lighting makes it look too yellow!

Second picture Is a fly I tied before I made the Cassoulet. An articulated Wooly Booger. Two hooks, and tail is tied so it wiggles real nice in the water. Colors picked to resemble a baby brown trout. Looks great in the water!

Attachments

• E2AC5F96-41EF-412E-88A0-66E5CC80566F.jpeg
    E2AC5F96-41EF-412E-88A0-66E5CC80566F.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 07C8DA37-7EAD-41DE-A695-494644A1FF12.jpeg
    07C8DA37-7EAD-41DE-A695-494644A1FF12.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 92
Lovely Lady, myself and the youngest went after grouse again today, just to get out of the house since we are currently on restricted lockdown. Best way to self isolate ever!!!
Anyhow, very slow day with each of them collecting one apiece and myself not firing a shot.
Walk

Lovely Lady, myself and the youngest went after grouse again today, just to get out of the house since we are currently on restricted lockdown. Best way to self isolate ever!!!
Anyhow, very slow day with each of them collecting one apiece and myself not firing a shot.
Walk

at least you won't go hungry, as long as you take them to get the game.

Made some inletting chisels. Blades are tines from a street sweeper. I pick them up when i see them. These chisels are for tapping with a light mallet, the tine goes all the way thru the handle and butts up against the brass casing cap.
i heat treat by heating them red hot, water quenching the first 1/4 inch quickly. The residual heat travels up the blade and evaporates the water left on the tip, then water quench till cool. Stone or ground to shape, hone and polish. You know if you got the heat treat right if the blade does not hold a bend when using. Cheap, cheap, cheap, and less than 10 minutes to make.
9DEA3F52-7D61-40E2-BE58-F5416B1310CD.jpeg

Tore into remodeling my ”gun room”. Which is a bit closet, utility room and shop. Stuff, from my farm shop was 3 feet high in the corners and the ‘workbench’ was a slab of countertop sitting on two file cabinet. Been working on this for almost two months. Can sorta see the end but still lots to do before spring gets here.

painted freshly drywalled basement, well half of it anyway. Once the baseboards are in and floor cleaned, all the junk from the other side of the basement gets moved so i can finish the drywall and paint that half.
getting the house ready for market so i can move back out west

Latest posts

Back