• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does your state have a Flintlock ONLY season?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s unfortunate. I’m happy that the PA Game Commission still keeps the late season primitive. We are not even permitted to use percussion guns. It’s flintlock ONLY. Now there is a week-long season in October each year where hunters can use any kind of muzzleloader they want, and shoot only an antlerless deer, and a lot of hunters use inlines during this season. But the season after Christmas is still flintlock ONLY, and I hope they keep it this way.

Nope. I wish.
Just a general muzzleloading season, after 20 days of public land shotgun, and 2 months of archery. Private land goes to firearms earlier than public. And, they allow inlines and shotgun converters.

That’s unfortunate. I’m happy that the PA Game Commission still keeps the late season primitive. We are not even permitted to use percussion guns. It’s flintlock ONLY. Now there is a week-long season in October each year where hunters can use any kind of muzzleloader they want, and shoot only an antlerless deer, and a lot of hunters use inlines during this season. But the season after Christmas is still flintlock ONLY, and I hope they keep it this way.

The really dumb thing is that it’s flintlock and archery, and archery is totally unrestricted, so you can use a flintlock with open sights, or any type of bow including a crossbow with a scope. Would be better if the archers were also restricted to traditional weapons.

Other than that it’s my favorite season!

In Missouri they have gone even further. Everything but your standard deer rifle are ago. It’s hands down one of the silliest things out conservation department has ever done.
When they first started it was ok but now we get what is left. That being said I still took a doe with one of my flintlocks in the Mo. Alternative weapons season as they call it.

In Missouri they have gone even further. Everything but your standard deer rifle are ago. It’s hands down one of the silliest things out conservation department has ever done.
It's all about the money, A few people I know like it for filling unused tags. However, they don't use MLs, instead, they use a really funny-looking pistol/rifle thing that has some sort of arm brace on it.

WV has muzzleloader season where you can use anything if it loads from the front. (except double rifles, have to use those during regular rifle season) Then after everything else is done they have Mountaineer Heritage season for sidelocks firing round balls. But percussion is still allowed so it's not quite as exclusive as PA has managed.

Latest posts

Back