• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does your club allow guests?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The wife and I are getting ready to hit the road as professional vagabonds in the next month since summer in Washington has been canceled. We can't take any more of our little tyrant governor!
So, both being avid BP shooters and members of the Skagit Muzzle Loaders Club, we are wondering where we will be able to commune with like minded shooters in this great nation.
I'll be scouring the web for rendezvous to hit but they may be far and few between this year.
So, does your club/group welcome random guests at your get togethers?
We are retired Leo's so not tooooo sketchy. 🤔

Most private clubs that I am aware of don’t typically allow random guests to use their ranges unless accompanied by a member. Currently, many that have events normally ‘open to the public’ have been limiting participants to members only or cancelling events completely due to current public health concerns.

One option would be to go to the NMLRA Charter Club Directory for the state or states you will be visiting and check out events at individual clubs. Enjoy your travels.

"One option would be to go to the NMLRA Charter Club Directory for the state or states you will be visiting and check out events at individual clubs. Enjoy your travels."

That is the best idea, you will find shoot dates and who to contact at each club. Most have e-mail contact.

My range - Oakdale Gun Club, Lake Elmo Minnesota, is open to the public on weekends beginning in July, Also open every day during weeks before deer season in October and November. BP shooters (and all others) welcome! Covered ranges at 25-yd, 50-yd, 100-yd, 200-Meter, and three trap ranges. Come and shoot!

Tom

Our Club welcomes first time visitors as Guests. We shoot on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. Check out our website. www.frenchbroadrifles.com near Asheville NC a beautiful part of the country, great place to visit. Be prepared to follow local COVID protocols.

Our club, OPML, is a charter club and we welcome guests to our monthly shoots on the third Sunday of the month. We are located in Tucson, AZ. If you are going to be down this way, PM me for more information.

Normally, our club is like Grenadier1758 describes it. However,while this COVID-19 is running loose, no guests all are allowed until further notice.

Don't know who far South or east you are traveling but we have a couple of monthly black powder club shoots here in Central Oklahoma. Guests are welcome during these shoots. Mostly older, retired men and women so you would fit in. I'm not retired but close with 47 years with the Power Company. I have a lot of vacation and leave time so take off at a short notice. I'm a life member of a larger Gun Club in Norman, OK and I can take guests as long as I'm responsible for them, and not shooting but helping the guests. We have a Short Range that is 80 yards for sighting and target practice for most. We have a pistol range out to 20 yards. We also have a Long Range out to 200 meters if you want to stretch the barrel. We use it for Silhouette Pistol matches, military bolt action matches and all of the hunters hit it pretty hard before deer seasons.
I do a lot of load development on my long-range pistols on the long range. All covered firing lines with concrete benches. You would be welcome if
you strayed this far. I would just need a few days notice. My info is in my profile. A good friend that he and I build Primitive bows and arrows lived in Pullman, Washington and went to school there. He moved here for some College work and then he is now in Portland, OR. He is ready to move back to the hills in SE Oklahoma. He says there are too many people where he lives but the money makes up for it for a while he said until he can save some and hit the road.
Mike

Back