• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Does BATF check on black powder purchasers ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are called data collection centers and are being built everywhere. The purpose is not so you can have faster internet. Data collection centers. Massive chiller/chilled water piping systems to rival anything you've ever seen. More cooling capacity than has ever been needed in large solid concrete buildings with high security measures in place. Not a conspiracy theory. I work on the equipment doing insulation so it runs efficiently. Nowhere else has ever had this type of cooling capacity due to the heat generated by the data storage equipment. ALL phone conversations and other forms of communication including emails are being screened by AI devices and recorded if deemed a possible threat. Be careful what you say, they are listening. I didn't believe it at first but you better believe what I'm telling you is true. I have work to do at an Apple facility next week. I've seen the equipment running in the pods. The place is like a rat maze with nothing but room after room filled with data processing equipment. Not a rumor or internet myth. Fact, Jack!
100% correct! You can go to auto zone and buy a RFID Biscuit for your car....$10.00

When i was a student at Kent State my room mate Russ Duty held the first anti war protest at KSU. Our rooming house's pay phone had a wire tap put on it which was inferior and caused a lot of static. Ever since I have assumed that big brother is always watching. Today all they have to do is check our internet usage to know what we are doing.

lets see, School bus driver, FBI vetted and finger print collected.
Grunt. vetted and finger printed
Deputy Sherrif , FBI vetted and state and county vetted and finger printed.
FFL holder, FBI vetted and state and county vetted and finger printed.
Repented Attorney, vetted and finger printed
ccw vetted and printed
i would say "they" know all they need to about me and I am on multiple lists.
and i agree, having seen and used some of the amazing technology that we are data mined continuously.
i refuse to lose sleep over it.
Yes, and you forgot the most recent one and more scary, DNA collection! For all of what you mentioned and all people in LE custody, whether guilty or not! But I have bought hundreds of pounds, 25 lbs at a time, mostly from Grafs , Back Creek and Jacks and never had to provide an ID! Why? Because if you provide a credit card number the government can get EVERYTHING they need.

The fact is, and should be accepted in today's world, that privacy is a thing of the past. It just doesn't exist any longer. Even those that do the tracking are constantly perused as those that they are perusing. No one is exempt, not even the filthy rich.

They are called data collection centers and are being built everywhere. The purpose is not so you can have faster internet. Data collection centers. Massive chiller/chilled water piping systems to rival anything you've ever seen. More cooling capacity than has ever been needed in large solid concrete buildings with high security measures in place. Not a conspiracy theory. I work on the equipment doing insulation so it runs efficiently. Nowhere else has ever had this type of cooling capacity due to the heat generated by the data storage equipment.
Pretty sure most of this is for crypto-currency mining, plus of course the huge demand for online gaming and increase in demands for ecommerce, logistics, social media (including online forums), high-speed video news feeds for every outlet down to the county and town level nowadays, etc. But I don't really want to interrupt the big-brother-is-watching-everything-we-do fantasy here, especially when experts testify to their own experiences being involved in doing the insulation and plumbing for it.

No one who really cares about this, of course, will even be seen on social media (like this forum and others) because that only provides another source through which identity and activity can be traced.

All Fel holders must verify age to sell bp. Thats the reason for release forms etc. Its a federal law so it trumps state law. It is the purchasers obligation to make sure it is legal in there state.

Been buying black powder (one or two pounds at a time) when I stop at Graf's store in Mexico, Missouri as was my father's habit 50-60 years ago. Two months - three purchases, Each time I was asked and provided my Driver's license which the clerk did "something" with. Didn't really pay attention nor ask any questions - just glad to find some.

So ...do you reckon we're being tracked/entered into a government data pool or is this just for their records? Don't recall filling out anything. When ordering by mail/internet is there any requirement to provide identification? Never did that, so I don't know. Curious not paranoid.
I don't think so; ordinary everyday small amounts of stuff don't much attract attention; maybe the store has a policy like some states where ammo buyers have to ID themselves. Just my opinion. The states that require ID for buying that modern ammo stuff, what are they gonna do, call everyone that bought ammo everytime a crime leaves cases behind?

A neighboring state, NJ, twists themselves into contortions trying to come up with anti-gun and ammo laws. The latest is coming into people's homes, in a way, by requiring storage regulations. Already having one of the harshest anti-gun law rosters in the country, NJ keeps trying to fill in the cracks by imagining more and more things to nitpick at. Oh, and BTW, the criminal element does NOT CARE at all. Kind of like the purveyors of illegal drugs.

Decades ago, some blasting supplies had very small coded chips in them that could be traced to point of sale. Don't know if that's still done nor exactly what they went into. Irrelevant to this discussion about sporting black powder but might be for black blasting powder.

Graf's used to sell dynamite & blasting supplies many years ago, so I know they go strictly by the rules. Next time I'm there, I'll ask about the driver's license thing. A guy can't have too much black powder - well, maybe that's true.
I remember this! They wanted to put stupid ID chips in common sporting BP, to "trace" stuff. It would have clogged every percussion and flint single-shot rifle, pistol, & shotgun in existence! Maybe blasting powder is a different thing. I was surprised to read recently about the many types of BP used in the commercial fireworks business.

Don't forget the RFID blocking wallet.

i attend a lot of estate sales and auctions. These crazy Okies often bid two or three times the worth of a firearm in order to obtain an "unregistered gun"-idiots.

i've dealt with the BATFE and its predecessor organizations on numerous occasions, beginning in 1959; when, as an Army EOD guy, my buds and i blew up moonshine stills for the Alcohol and Tobacco Division of the US Treasury Dep't.

IME: The BATFE of today is very professional. Until recently i held an explosive users permit and explosive storage permit with the BATFE. i kept a database of every explosive item received and its disposition. Once or twice per year the BATFE agent would inspect my records and, infrequently, the explosive storage. Never ever had a problem with the BATFE.

People who get into trouble with the BATFE are those who refuse to abide by the regulations. Rogue FFL dealers who sell guns in obvious straw sales or sales to known felons deserve to lose their license.

No, the BATFE does not keep a database on small black powder sales. Yep, idiots who jump on the internet and make threats of blowing stuff up are likely to be closely observed, as they should be.

As a US Army EOD master sergeant In 1979, i had a rodeo with a corrupt BATF station chief and his thieves. Someday i will open a thread on that experience. The BATFE of today ain't like those guys.

BTW: We are currently in the second black powder percussion cap panic. Got caught short by the first panic. Luckily i found an OK store with hundreds of thousands of Remington and CCI #11 caps for sale at $2.99 per hundred; bought a big bunch; still have a big bunch. i put others on these boards onto that store and they sold out.

Talked recently with a gent who is the gun counter man for a large sporting goods store. Early each the week #11 caps and 209 primers are put on the pegs. First guy to see the caps grabs them all.
The BATF has lately been getting a little screwy. They've been doing things like raiding manufacturers of items that they had previously determined were legal because they suddenly decided to change their interpretation of the law. While they haven't done any significant raids on consumers, they have definitely been changing their definition of what is legal or not. Muzzleloaders are probably safe for now, but they could screw around with BP definitions and rules to make things difficult. It might be possible to counter some of that in a friendly federal jurisdiction with a well crafted lawsuit, as it would be pretty difficult to argue that the same type of flintlocks and necessary powder that the founding fathers used are not protected by the second amendment.

Remington did not agree to anything. Remington had declared bankruptcy. Insurance companies settled the lawsuit.
True, and because insurance companies dont like to do that, they can require documentation of certain policies and practices before they agree t cover or renew coverage for businesses.

A neighboring state, NJ, twists themselves into contortions trying to come up with anti-gun and ammo laws. The latest is coming into people's homes, in a way, by requiring storage regulations. Already having one of the harshest anti-gun law rosters in the country, NJ keeps trying to fill in the cracks by imagining more and more things to nitpick at. Oh, and BTW, the criminal element does NOT CARE at all. Kind of like the purveyors of illegal drugs.
Left last year towards free america...

All of this brings me to ask the question for what to what end.
Im 80 my last brush with the law was just now, we flubbed the alarm shut off and two officers responded, I’m a retired working man married to the same women 58 years the 16th of this month. My worst offense was a speeding ticket 10 years ago. My wife and I are probably a prime example of middle middle class people
Why would the government waste any time or resources on either of us.
Let them watch all the want long as it’s not thru the bed room window, which is why I keep the lap tops camera taped over. 😁

All of this brings me to ask the question for what to what end.
Im 80 my last brush with the law was just now, we flubbed the alarm shut off and two officers responded, I’m a retired working man married to the same women 58 years the 16th of this month. My worst offense was a speeding ticket 10 years ago. My wife and I are probably a prime example of middle middle class people
Why would the government waste any time or resources on either of us.
Let them watch all the want long as it’s not thru the bed room window, which is why I keep the lap tops camera taped over. 😁
congratulations on the 58 years ! got us beat by 2 years! i also tape the camera on the lap top over. i wouldn't want to be responsible for spies laughing themselves to death by my antics.

Y'all ought to learn how to turn those cameras on and off with the computer they're in. Click on / click off. Save you a lot of tape, maybe.

In full disclosure, I don't ever use my onboard camera, but use a USB web cam for family Zoom meetings. So I think my built-in one is always off because I keep the system folded closed and just use this big honking monitor in front of me -- except when we travel. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back