• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Do you think black powder will become scarce?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonie: Forum rule #42. There you go have deleted my post. I would have thought making your own equipment a big part of the traditional ethos. It`s quite legal here.

Last edited:
Let's hope ML's stay off the anti's RADAR for the duration. Next time I get a chance to go through Winchester, I'll try and swing through that dealer up there and pick up a few cans.

Guys.....I think in Pa. you can still order case lots of powder delivered to your door. What ya need ta do is find enough other guys to help you break up the case into legal storage limits when it comes. For instance , Graf's sporting supply out west even sometimes runs sales , and waves the hazmat fee. Just sayin' Oldwood

There is a very real and intentional threat to BP from the ATF agents who inspect the licensed sellers. They make every attempt to discourage the practice of selling BP. Most sellers have decided it's not worth the continual hassle and relinquish their permits. The storage device is the main focus of attack, along with the limits allowed on hand. It's not easy remaining involved in the local sale of BP.

No, I didn't. I only keep a few lbs at any one time. I store it in my basement and prefer not to keep large amounts for safety reasons.

I hadnt considered the fact that for many people it's not easy to purchase black powder. For that I apologize. I guess I'm lucky in that in my state or at least my part of Pa, muzzleloading is popular, and our local couple gun stores all carry black powder..
I remember those days around here, maybe it is all supply and demand although maybe its slowly been a soft kill. Maybe its the advancements in airguns. Regardless it is a reality around here,

Hmm, I thought the topic was black powder supply ?
The black powder supply is the topic, but it is controlled and regulated by entities that we are afraid as a group to even speak of, no unfounded fear there. I guess if we remain quiet and do not talk about it, everything will remain the same from now on. I Doubt it.

Both Carbon, and jaeger make excellent points. BP could eventually go the way of the Dodo and die of natural causes, mainly neglect. That said, we should acknowledge the current climate: never before seen events, and appetites of many to utterly destroy what constitutionalists take for granted: the status quo. Regulations, restrictions, zoning laws, taxes, are all traditional ways to nibble away at the "rights" of gunners, BP and its aficionados. The nibblers are rapidly being supplanted by other, more ravenous types. This is all going to happen faster than than Columbus vacating his namesake city. We are in historic times, uncharted waters. Better to be prepared than not.
Better to be ready than have to get that way.

Out of my cold dead hands.
They're hoping you'll say that, that way they can blame you for the next civil war. Fact is, the battle lines were drawn long before we were born; once the Fedgov became infiltrated/corrupted enough to disarm American citizens and otherwise ignore the Constitution, the fight was begun. It's not a matter of your cold dead fingers; it's a matter of your own household being your enemies. Divide and conquer, looks more likely every day. As John Paul Jones famously said, " I have not yet begun to fight". Neither have the patriots of this country. I hope Nikita Khrushchev was wrong about defeating America from within, but it looks more possible every day. All that is necessary for evil to win is for good people to do nothing. Just like they are doing now. In retrospect, perhaps it is a matter of prying something from your children's cold dead minds.

I think I'm going to go back on my own rule and am going down to my local BP retailer this morning to see if that last can of 2fg is still there. If it's not I'll try for some 3fg. Going to need some of that when my .32 cal is finished anyway.

I think I'm going to go back on my own rule and am going down to my local BP retailer this morning to see if that last can of 2fg is still there. If it's not I'll try for some 3fg. Going to need some of that when my .32 cal is finished anyway.
Safety is controlled by you. Be safe and enjoy the real stuff.

It appears that most of the folks who have posted on this topic are pretty much on the same page. The threats to future of the BP community are real, not imagined, or ginned up by some secret conspiratorial group. It is all out in the open now. How many times have you heard "you don't need that', or 'who needs that?" They are talking about all things that go bang. Come election time we will once again see our representatives in full hunting garb, shotgun over shoulder, standing in some field, preening for the photographers. As far as speaking ones mind, we have every right to be fearful. We now know that all communications are tracked recorded, and sometimes analyzed by the Feds. Public speech is now often hate speech. Best be on the "right side" of the gun issue. Its not bad everywhere, but good luck with that in the power centers of the country. The "revolution" is at hand. Academia is gone. The press is largely gone. Thanks to this forum we still have a voice: even if we are speaking to the choir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back