Do you live near any battlefields?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

kje54

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to do some more checking and I'm close to many battlefields here in New Mexico some as far back as the 1500s between the Spanish and the native tribes. The Apache Wars 1849 - 1886, the Taos Revolt 1847, etc.

rusticbob

Pilgrim
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I live about ten miles from the “ Hubbarton Battlefield in Vermont. It’s where Ethan Allen and the “Green Mountain Boys” fought a rear guard action to slow down the British and Hessian troops, after leaving Fort Ticonderoga.
It has a great re-enactment ever July. The battlefield is very much the same as it was during the war, and well worth the trip.

Ninering62

32 Cal
Reaction score
My son lives maybe 20 miles from Brandywine battlefield.

Do you live near any battlefields?
I'm from Maryland, Ive been to, in, around, for all sorts of reasons, many many historical battlegrounds between Md. Va. Wva. Pa. Theres lots & lots to see. NOw I'm in north Florida & Ullustee Battlefield is just minutes away from me. I think theres more too, but I haven't been to check it all out as of yet.

pooch156

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Been
Bucket list is to see Harper's, and Appomattox...start and end of CW. (The Raid being really kind of the start, anyway; an igniter of things.)
To Harpers Ferry many times. My former wife and I would pack a lunch and spend the day. Always stopped and got fresh roasted peanuts, yes, right out of the roaster. Always waled up to the church upon the hill. Beautiful view from there.

Jruby38

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Not to far from the start of the American revolutionary war. Boston, Lexington, and Concord. It's now a national park. Lots of History. I tried to buy some round balls from Natches Shooting Supply, but was informed they dont ship components to Mass, I told them they should be glad the Minutemen didn't try buy ammo from you . We would be still speaking British.

DaveT

32 Cal
Reaction score
If I jump in my car I can be at Bushy Run Battlefield in under ten minutes.

If I travel 35-40 minutes, I can be at Ft. Ligonier (outside of Pittsburgh Pa.)

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I really shouldn't have posted my post in this thread. I didn't notice it was posted in the Revolutionary War section until it was too late.
My comment above was meant to reduce or stop posts about battlefields that did not happen during the American Revolution, not to encurage it and have members talking about the things that happened at a later time.

Let's PLEASE keep the posts directed to the 1776-1783 time period.

Grenadier1758

Cannon
Reaction score
Although it is no longer recognized as a Revolutionary War Battle Field site, in St. Louis, Missouri, the area around 4th Street and Washington Avenue was the site of the stone tower (Battle of Fort San Carlos) that defended St. Louis from British and Indian forces May 26, 1780. Had St. Louis not been defended by Spanish forces, French Militia and the presence of George Rogers Clark across the river, the territory west of the Mississippi River would have been claimed as British territory and western American expansion effectively stopped.

1622208421768.png

Last edited:

MAPMFF

32 Cal
Reaction score
I live North of Boston, so Lexington & Concord, as well as Boston/Bunker/Breeds Hill. Lots of great colonial history here, nothing like heading out for a drive and passing homes that housed the very men that answered the call to arms in April of 1775.

rchas

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I live near Worsham, VA--formerly known as Prince Edward Courthouse. Not a battlefield, but has it's own history being one of the targets of Tarleton's 1781 Southside Virginia raid. Point of Fork (more of a skirmish than a battle) is an hour drive. Yorktown is a 2-3 hour drive. And of course we have our local legend, Peter Francisco who lived nearby.

Latest posts