Quantcast

Do you live near any battlefields?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

516tcw

32 Cal
Reaction score
At Battle of Lafourche Crossing ACW, and about 1hr. from Chalmette battlefield.
From the land of the world’s best gumbo.
Thibodaux, La.

flashpoint

40 Cal
Reaction score
Monmouth, Princeton, Trenton, Red Bank, Fort Mifflin, Brandywine, Re-enacted Washington's crossing of the Delaware River on Christmas morning and recreated the march to Trenton. Got a part in a made for TV movie about the life of Tecumseh. We covered the Battle of Fallen Timbers.
Hey Ord, I live about 45 minutes from Washington's Crossing, Trenton, etc. Must have been really exciting to have crossed the DR on Christmas. I think I remember the guy (can't remember his name ST John something??) from Lambertville played Washington.

Old Timer 48

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I live with in 2 miles of the GREAT SWAMP FIGHT, OF DEC 16th, 1675. AKA, KING PHILIPS WAR. when PROSTSTANT MINISTER BENJAMIN CHURCH ANIALTED THE NARRAGANSETS. it was also one of the coldest recorded winters in history. many soldiers died on the march, before the fight and the return to COCUMCUSSICS, in NORTH KINGSTON, RI. and the march back to MASS. BAY COLONY.
I live in North Kingstown. I'm very familiar with the Great Swamp & it's history.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Old Timer48, I don't believe it, we are neighbors! it is Shure a small world! I have in the past probellay shot with you at the GREAT SWAMP RANGE? I am a member of the SOUTH COUNTY ROD & GUN CLUB. what do you shoot? toot.

Sparkitoff

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Lived right at the Battle of Averasboro site and spent nearly every day between the Battle of Monroe Creek (Neill Monroe was a descendant and a good friend), and the Fayetteville Arsenal (not a shot was fired throughout the seige). There was also a small "battle" at the Market House which is downtown and not a "field" at all.

koz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I live along the Delaware River just north of Washington crossing. Maybe 30 min from Princeton, and Tenton,etc

Marse Swank

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw someone post about being in a movie about Tecumseh. Well I live about 10 min from where his Indian confederacy met its demise at the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1809. It’s where William Henry Harrison got his campaign slogan “Tippecanoe and Tyler too”

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Do you live near any battlefields?
I live in Damascus Maryland, Birthplace of Meshach Browning...

I work in Silver Spring Maryland, not far from the closest point that Confederate Troops came to Washington DC.....

Confederates went through Rockville Maryland, my county seat

Which also means that I'm:

20 Minutes from the Monocacy National Battlefield Park
30 Minutes Northeast of Balls Bluff,
45 Minutes Southeast of Antieatam
One hour south of Gettysburg,
One Hour North of Manasass
Ninety minutes North of Fredericksburg

But Dave, with all of those ACW sites, you do French & Indian War and AWI?

Started out doing ACW, but ya know it's all ACW around me and after a while it gets boring....,

LD

Whitworth

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Elk Ridge Mountain, Washington County Maryland
I live in Damascus Maryland, Birthplace of Meshach Browning...

I work in Silver Spring Maryland, not far from the closest point that Confederate Troops came to Washington DC.....

Confederates went through Rockville Maryland, my county seat

Which also means that I'm:

20 Minutes from the Monocacy National Battlefield Park
30 Minutes Northeast of Balls Bluff,
45 Minutes Southeast of Antieatam
One hour south of Gettysburg,
One Hour North of Manasass
Ninety minutes North of Fredericksburg

But Dave, with all of those ACW sites, you do French & Indian War and AWI?

Started out doing ACW, but ya know it's all ACW around me and after a while it gets boring....,

LD
I used to do battle in Damascus on the old 75-80 Drag-way 😅

OldRust

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
For the Un-Civil War I'm about 30 miles from Gettysburg and 20 minutes from Wrightsville where the residents burnt the bridge over the Susquehanna river to keep the Rebel Calvary from crossing.
York, PA 15 minutes from me was occupied by the South without a fight

Revolutionary War I'm about 1 1/2 hr from the Brandywine Battlefield and about the same distance from Valley Forge. York was the Capitol when the British held Philadelphia.

Thanks
O.R.

Latest posts