• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Do you have stuck nipple syndrome?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well if you do here is the cure!

re IMG_0098.jpg

Wow,
Have you tried "cleaning" and maybe a touch of "anti-seize"?
It works.

Cleaning and "anti-sieze" are why I was working so hard to remove nipples from a revolver I just purchased from someone who obviously hadn't heard of those innovations.
Have you ever tried being less snarky and more cordial? It works too. :)

Have you ever tried being less snarky and more cordial? It works too. :)
Uhm,(?) nope.
Cleaning and "anti-sieze" are why I was working so hard to remove nipples from a revolver I just purchased from someone who obviously hadn't heard of those innovations.
You didn''t say that in your original post.
If you had replied that your technique is a good way to deal with a fouling and neglect issue of a previous owner, perhaps my response would have been different.
Your OP,, suggests that what your doing is SOP.
Nobody here as far as I know, recommends impact drivers as SOP for gun care.
Sorry, I mis-understood your original post.
I hope the cylinder face and ratchet cam's of your revolver are still in good condition.

Last edited:
reaction fraction?
Impact drivers aren't really "Accouterments" are they?
Ok, Good luck friend. Sorry, I hurt yer feelins

I guess muzzlediscipline does not realize that the Reaction score is a relative new feature compared to how long neechi has been posting here.

neechi has brought a lot of value since 2009.

Last edited:
Put some Liquid Wrench is a bottle and put the end of the barrel in the bottle and let it sit a week. Another option if you have one large enough, Sonic Cleaner/Vibrator Cleaner, put some Liquid Wench in it and stick the end of the barrel in the thing and turn it on. That will work.

Men are more direct than the ladies. Guys do not intend to be rude--but can be
misunderstood. " necchi" is a direct straight shooter--he is not sniping or trying to
offend. In a man dominated forum you get used to it--because men are often that way.
Many gunshop owners and gunsmiths are that way. You have to set out your opening
post as full as you can--or you will get direct responses that relied upon the absence
of background facts. So we all need to pull together,and being men, we often are direct
with our thoughts because this is not the garden party-we are discussing weapons and
machinery. I respect every post because it represents lifetime spent to join in the sport.
I think reaction scores just show that you have controversy or unusual takes on topics.
A post of a few words can be awesome if it solves a major problem. "Muzzlediscipline"
made a good opening post,but could have offered more background--but thank you
for it. We appreciate "necchi" for his input because he is a wise forum member with great
experience. This is really a great place unlike any other. Just like Football or ice hockey,
things get a little rough at times. But in the end we are all on the same team muzzleloaders.

Put some Liquid Wrench is a bottle and put the end of the barrel in the bottle and let it sit a week. Another option if you have one large enough, Sonic Cleaner/Vibrator Cleaner, put some Liquid Wench in it and stick the end of the barrel in the thing and turn it on. That will work.

Yeah, been in a slooow soak process for weeks. And of course the right tool (the missing choke tube wrench) could really help a lot. Not to worry, it will come undone eventually.
:)

Back