• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Do they make uberti 1858 5.5inch 36cal?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday i took the Uberti Colt Navy .36 and my Ruger Single Six.22 (not C&B) to range, Now understand, most set up pistol targets at about 15 yards. I set up at about 40 yards, I like a challenge. All the semi auto smokeless guys were amazed how accurate the Colt and Ruger were, I got a lot of compliments.
Felt good. All them semi guys are blowing through 2 magazines while I squeeze 6. The compliments were appreciated.
Different strokes.

It truly is. I have. TC Hawken.50 flint i bought i 1974 new. One day in Feb or March I stumbled across GB and had always liked the Remington. So I started bidding and lo and behold i won! Hooked, always wanted a 51 Colt Navy, got that. Then won auction on a whim on a 48 Colt .31 that nobody was bidding on.
Ya so now i got all the pistols i ever wanted and a cap shortage. Story of my life!
Well, good things come to those who wait. A gun club i belong to. I was talking to older gentleman who recently sold off his collection of guns. I mentioned the cap shortage. He said oh i have a bunch i no longer need. So i bought his ‘bunch’. Dear god i am good for 2 or 3 years. I finally believe in miracles.

I got tired of looking for a Uberti .36 cal in 5.5 so I traded a colt on this site for an 8” Uberti and wound up getting a .38 cal conversion cylinder for a goof, but it shoots lights out cool.

I want a .36 cal 1858 witha shorter barrel than 7.5 inch that uberti offers and I really don't want a pietta. When I look online at several different websites I find uberti sells the .36cal loading lever for 5.5 inch model and also the .36 cal barrel in 5.5 in. I have yet to be able to find said 5.5inch gun.
Have they ever made one? Do they currently make one? Where can I find one with shorter barrel? I would even be happy with the 6.5 inch but I don't want pietta if I can help it.

Also I have heard piettas stainless model revolvers are actually just nickel plated....is ubertis actually a stainless steel? Thanks guys.
I am a Uberti fan boy myself and always look there first. That said, Pietta's are a serviceable alternative and I believe they make what they call the Sherrif model in that length.

I have a 1858, .36 cal Uberti with a 6.5 “ barrel from Cimarron Arms, it’s what they call the 58 navy model but it’s still built off of the .44 size frame go figure .the real 58 navy was smaller in stature/ frame size. And no one I know of even makes that. But some one here may know, hope this helps.

I stand corrected the Barrel on my .36 Cimarron 58 is either 7 3/8 or 7.5 I believe sorry about that wanted to be correct. But check out Cimarron they will give the correct barrel length.

Latest posts

Back