• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Do not buy an 1862 Police from Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Two of the nicest Uberti's I own came from Midway in the last several months.

014b.jpg
I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones but I wasn't even close. I don't have pics of the rough machine work but it was mostly where the hand comes through the frame and some razor sharp edges inside. I had to clearance the frame under the cylinder. It doesn't touch now but it's so close masking tape on the cylinder does. Timing was acceptable.

Problem's not with the seller, it's the manufacturer.
And often it's the buyer who is not familiar with the products.
I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones but I wasn't even close. I don't have pics of the rough machine work but it was mostly where the hand comes through the frame and some razor sharp edges inside. I had to clearance the frame under the cylinder. It doesn't touch now but it's so close masking tape on the cylinder does. Timing was acceptable.
Did you contact them about returning it first.

Bought my stainless ROA when stainless first came out. My factory box says "Blackhawk", but bears the correct serial number for the Old Army. Bill Ruger's coil spring revolvers look old-timey, but they're certainly not HC (unless the 1960's are now "history"). Cast aluminum vs. case-hardened steel ? Nope. Then again, coil spring side hammers are also not truly HC, either.

Probably more reliable than true reproductions by using coil springs rather than flat springs, I prefer a reproduction over the modern "sorta looks like a
Hawken" types. Expecting 21st century performance from a 19th century design pistol, to me, is not realistic without master craftsmen in the production line. Sadly, it's becoming obvious those guys are simply no longer there.

My "midway" 1862 bought about 5 weeks ago when they became in stock again...nicest uberti I've bought.... has most of the pocket revolver problems, but machining is great and with a little work, she's doing quite well...

Attachments

• 20230219_021724.jpg
    20230219_021724.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230304_233859.jpg
    20230304_233859.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
My Midway 1862 Pocket Police came with a rusted in place cylinder and pitted barrel. Obviously it was a return that was put back in stock. I spent months trying to get them to exchange it, and they finally did. Thought I was done with that transaction until six weeks later a charge from Midway appeared on my checking account. Those Thieving B@$+@rds took money without authorization via my debit card they had from the original purchase, charging me again for the price of a new gun. Haggled with those thiefs for months, said the best they could do was reimburse me with "Midway Bucks". Didn't want their stinking "Midway Bucks" as I had no plans to ever purchase from those criminals again. Six months later, after many phone calls and e-mails, I finally got my money back. The new gun, while not used, had all the problems that every Uberti pocket model has. Finally, after spending even more money on after-market nipples and springs, got a brand new gun to function somewhat reliably. Great, I paid for a gun kit that needed parts, assembly and QC. Midway now has a strict no return policy on black powder guns, so if you get a bad one (which is a coin flip), good luck getting satisfaction.

My Midway 1862 Pocket Police came with a rusted in place cylinder and pitted barrel. Obviously it was a return that was put back in stock. I spent months trying to get them to exchange it, and they finally did. Thought I was done with that transaction until six weeks later a charge from Midway appeared on my checking account. Those Thieving B@$+@rds took money without authorization via my debit card they had from the original purchase, charging me again for the price of a new gun. Haggled with those thiefs for months, said the best they could do was reimburse me with "Midway Bucks". Didn't want their stinking "Midway Bucks" as I had no plans to ever purchase from those criminals again. Six months later, after many phone calls and e-mails, I finally got my money back. The new gun, while not used, had all the problems that every Uberti pocket model has. Finally, after spending even more money on after-market nipples and springs, got a brand new gun to function somewhat reliably. Great, I paid for a gun kit that needed parts, assembly and QC. Midway now has a strict no return policy on black powder guns, so if you get a bad one (which is a coin flip), good luck getting satisfaction.
Easy answer: Don't buy from Midway.

Problem's not with the seller, it's the manufacturer.
Sorry. But it is with both. This from Midway's web site:
"After transfer, any warranty or repair work must be coordinated directly with the gun manufacturer."

As in we want the profit from the sale but no headaches from the product. How does that work out for your local Ford dealer? Your grocer? Your hardware store? Your gun shop on a new Colt?

The above quote from Midway pretty much says we do NOT stand behind what we sell.

I refuse to buy from anyone who states "no returns on BP guns," that also translates to their other merch!

"After transfer, any warranty or repair work must be coordinated directly with the gun manufacturer."

As in we want the profit from the sale but no headaches from the product. How does that work out for your local Ford dealer? Your grocer? Your hardware store? Your gun shop on a new Colt?

The above quote from Midway pretty much says we do NOT stand behind what we sell.
Yeah, it sucks, but they would probably get a ton of headaches from people who insist on them fixing known issues that pretty much every Uberti has like the cylinder arbor length issues.

I'd love to know what reseller takes returns on guns.

For the price of two Italian revolvers a person can buy a Ruger Old Army and have a highly reliable revolver that will perform for generations.
But you have a modern revolver that just acts old. You could never use it for anything but shooting in a range. The Italian guns are useful for reenactment purposes. Why join an old fraternity and stick out like a sore thumb because of a modern muzzleloader want to be

I don't know if they get factory seconds or if they are all junk. It took me 4 hrs to get it to even cycle. The cylinder was hitting the frame and the barrel and rough machine work throughout. Buy a used one made before 2020!
Did you contact Midway first about this problem? They may not know of any problems with that product. If you don't contact them first to talk to them they will never know of anything is wrong with any products they sell. I would doubt that have any way to test all their products, only relay on feed back from customers.

Sorry this happened to you but I recently bought one from Midway and have 0 complaints. Mine ran super smooth out of the box.

Back