• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Do not buy an 1862 Police from Midway

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Two of the nicest Uberti's I own came from Midway in the last several months.

014b.jpg

The wedge is probably tight, once you get it all apart , cleaned up and reassembled it will most likely work fine. Sometimes they knock the wedge in too far

Do you have a pic of the rough machine work?

You made the correct call, OP.

All junk.

Yet people can't throw their hard earned money at the Italians fast enough.
I know I can't, they'll never be this cheap again. Even bought 2 Uberti cartridge guns

$300 Piettas will be a dream in 2 years

I crushed MidWays sales and picked up bunches of Spaghetti blasters and round balls . I had guns coming to my door 2 or 3 at a time 😃

For the price of two Italian revolvers a person can buy a Ruger Old Army and have a highly reliable revolver that will perform for generations.
I have Ruger SA's in nearly every caliber they made, if I want to play with a Ruger I have to use the "suppositories" 😃

I'm a history nerd , a front stuffer Blackhawk never got my juices flowing which is weird because I'm a huge Ruger fanboi. I've almost bought an Old Army probably 100 times , even a few years back when Ruger made a limited run for Davidson's. I just couldn't do it. The Old Army always struck me as like a 1970s Steampunk retro-fitted percussion revolver that looks like an 1858 Remington and a .45 Blackhawk had a love child in 1972

I would probably buy a fixed sight blue Old Army to sit in my safe next to the other Rugers I rarely shoot

Saw on r/blackpowder where someone got a .36 from midway with a .44 loading lever from midway. You takes your chances.

The Ruger hasn't been copied so it is, like I said, an original. There are two models - Adjustable sight and fixed sight variations.

Mike
Yeah and it has about as much in common with the copies of civil war era guns as a Glock. He wanted a small historical style pistol and ordered one, he didn't want a big 20th century style revolver although they are dang good.

I have Ruger SA's in nearly every caliber they made, if I want to play with a Ruger I have to use the "suppositories" 😃

I'm a history nerd , a front stuffer Blackhawk never got my juices flowing which is weird because I'm a huge Ruger fanboi. I've almost bought an Old Army probably 100 times , even a few years back when Ruger made a limited run for Davidson's. I just couldn't do it. The Old Army always struck me as like a 1970s Steampunk retro-fitted percussion revolver that looks like an 1858 Remington and a .45 Blackhawk had a love child in 1972

I would probably buy a fixed sight blue Old Army to sit in my safe next to the other Rugers I rarely shoot
I bought and retardedly sold a first generation Vaquero in polished stainless steel that was built on the Blackhawk frame. Beefy gun.

Every time I open the safe and look where it once sat, I kick myself.

But then I drag out my Colt sized Vaquero in .45 Colt and feel better about life.

My hunting revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk with 7.5 inch barrel in .45 Colt. She wears a zinc parkerized finish and red dot scope.

I bought and retardedly sold a first generation Vaquero in polished stainless steel that was built on the Blackhawk frame. Beefy gun.

Every time I open the safe and look where it once sat, I kick myself.

But then I drag out my Colt sized Vaquero in .45 Colt and feel better about life.

My hunting revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk with 7.5 inch barrel in .45 Colt. She wears a zinc parkerized finish and red dot scope.
I have a .45 LC Lee Loader, a pile of .45 LC brass and my blued small frame "New Vaquero" .45 with the dream of maybe finding primers and .45 bullets to load BP cartridges for it

Back