• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixons in Kempton PA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryK

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I went for the first time yesterday. I was initially taken back by all the guns they had on display, but then I realized most of them were not for sale. They had every part to fix and build any gun. I was kinda surprised that some of the custom guns needed work, like a new barrel, or missing sight, or needs finished. They did have some Lyman, Thompson Center, Pedersoli rifles, but for the most part, I imagine their inventory on guns was down. I think building guns is super interesting, but I am a buy it pre-made guy. I was a bit disappointed that I could not walk out with a new/used flintlock. I wanted a 54 flint preferably under 2K for hunting. I did not want a Thompson Center type production rifle, and not really a work of art with elaborate engraving.
So do they stock more complete rifles, or was this a bad time? I thought they would have an inventory of semi custom rifles, like TVM plug and play. The shop is really nice, and the owner was super helpful and knowledgeable with all the customers.
I also went to a butcher shop by the highway exit. That place was really amazing and packed with people.

I've dealt with Chuck and Greg for over 30 years. There usually are quite a few rifles for sale hanging from the ceiling
to the left of the counter. I bought a few myself over the years.

You got there at a tough time of year, next to the week after the gunmakers fair, this is their busiest time of year. After the muzzleloader season ends they close for vacation and restocking, for a week. They do normally have a number of consignment guns. BJH

Back