• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixon's Gunmakers Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there today from 9 - 11:30. Bought a new possible's bag, a neck knife, an old powder horn (early 1800's?), some round balls, and cleaning patches. Bought a smoothbore kit from Curtis a couple of years ago. His tent is way too small, way too crowded, and not much in the way of bargains, IMO.

Had a great three day weekend "working" at the Fair registering and guarding the entries in the accoutrement judging event. We had fewer entries than usual but the quality of the art was amazing. The best in show was an exact reproduction of a seventeenth century German nobleman's sword that was perfect in detail and has to be seen to be totally appreciated.
As usual, I caused no permanent damage, at least none that was reported to the authorities, and renewed old aquaintances and made some new ones. Birdman now knows what I look like so I'll have to soft-pedal my remarks to and about him from now on. Good to see him on the mend body wise (never was nuthin wrong with the mind part, not medically anyway)so please include him in your prayers for a return to total good health. I also spent some time in conversation with Forum member Ancient One and found out that the varmint is almost five years younger than I am. Whatinhell is he going to call himself when he gets old?? Anyhow, the Fair was great. Mark the last full weekend in July on your new calendar when it arrives and try to attend next year's event. You will not be disappointed.

Bob, When I reach your age, I'll probably be calling myself dead. :blah: :blah: It was great talking to you my friend.

Vern

look at photos
tip curtis .62 fowler or what ever I called it
Bill
how the heck are you doing?
you should come east next year for the fair
Todd I am Todd I am Deutsch
I am screwed if my wife finds out how much money I spent at Dixons LOL no exchange no returns
tip Curtis .62 smoothy yep thats what I called the thread PERRRRTY!

Gular you ol cob ya ever start being nice to me n I'll poke ya in the eye :rotf: best I kin say is you ain't gitten no purrtier :blah: :thumbsup:

I'm kicking myself for not getting the name of the incredibly talented gent that made these:

P1010679.jpg

He was in the tent right next to Dixon's front door. Does anyone know who this builder is?
Thanks,
Tom

I believe that was David Price. When you want to see more like them, look up 'Davidpriceflintlocks.com.

Mtn. Rifle

Back