• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixon's Gunmakers Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warren its just as busy n crowded Sunday as it is Saturday(well maybe not quite as busy), the venders don't close until closing time whatever that may be. Also although their supplies are deffinately alot lower after the crowd on saturday they usually have plenty left to look at or purchase. If they are out and only have display items they would probably work with ya iff ya really wanted something. don't know if I'll be there Sunday but deffinately will be there sat. take care friend n enjoy--you'll be back next year hee hee

I'll be there all three days "working" at the accoutrement display in the garage and looking forward to seeing the friends I've made over the years. I'm the fat guy with the white beard that doesn't look like Tom Selleck. As for finding Birdman, he is usually found in close proximity to groups of women.

Help me out. Anything for the ladies? The wife has to go and she won't sit in the car and she doesn't shoot. Even something close in 'Crafts' would work.

Charles keep yer money close at hand or the wife will spend ya dry. there is plenty for a woman to look at n gbuy if she likes. Pottery, clothing, beadwork etc. She deffinately won't be bored n may be the one who wants to come back next year even more then you :thumbsup: YMHS Birdman

Bobby , now don't ya go giving away all my secrets :rotf: see ya there buddy YMHS Birdman

CharlesZ said:
Help me out. Anything for the ladies? The wife has to go and she won't sit in the car and she doesn't shoot. Even something close in 'Crafts' would work.

In addition to what the Birdman said, don't forget to visit the working Chuck Wagon where you can have home-made desserts for the price of something in the tip jar! And the lemonade can come unsweetened so you can put equal or other non-sugar sweeteners in it (they supply). And then there's the antiques in the barn across the street. Lots to see for a $2.00 parking fee! My whole family is planning on going again this year, and my wife doesn't shoot either!

Not 5 minutes from there is a winery as well as Dietrich's Meats. Bring a cooler & go home happy!

See you there!

Dave

We were just up last week. Mrs Jerry P. went to drop off some over her straps for consignment. She loves it there and can't wait for the fair. We're going up on Friday for the day(leaving the boys at home!!!) to catch some of the workshops and then round the day off with the HCH dinner.

Sorry, 7th annual summer reception for the Honourable Company of Horners(HCH). It will be our first one, we're both looking forward to going. By the way, it's great group, lots of knowledgeable and talented people who are happy to share what they know.
-Mrs Jerrp P.

I'll be coming down this year. I have my military leave booked from the 27th July to Aug 7th.
I'll probably be wearing CADPAT shorts and hat.

Arte et Marte
Ordnancebob

OB please look me up so I can shake your hand. I did my four in the Nav(gunny) but you must be a lifer and that is comendable by any way of looking at it. thanks for your service!People forget that it's guys like you that GIVE them the right to say some of the "things" they do. YMHS Birdman

If I were to bring an original rifle (1808 contract musket) to be looked over, are there any rules or laws I need to comply with, like keep it in a case, etc? In NJ we have lots of laws on transporting firearms. I'm new at this, and not sure how to bring my gun in to this show.

Locktown said:
If I were to bring an original rifle (1808 contract musket) to be looked over, are there any rules or laws I need to comply with, like keep it in a case, etc? In NJ we have lots of laws on transporting firearms. I'm new at this, and not sure how to bring my gun in to this show.

There you go! A case, gun NOT loaded. Separate from the passengers, if possible. If it's in with passengers (pick-up truck) just lock the case. You should be fine. Also, print-out something about the gunmaker's fair and have it with you in case your stopped for doing something stupid while in NJ. Having your NJ FID with you isn't a bad idea either, although you don't need one since your enroute to a smith......

Dave

84 hours to go!
I cant wait
This money I have been saveing has burned a hole in my pocket ,clear down to my boot
Deutsch....See you there!

24 hours and we are on are way
Tents are going up,guns and stuff on display.
Got 2 thousand dollars and I am ready to play
Wont sleep tonight but thats O.K.
Dixons Dixons Dixons ! See you there.
Deutsch

Deutsch, sounds like you are planning Christmas in July!! I'll be there tomorrow, Saturday and if I have any cash left or can sneak the credit card out Sunday as well.

Hawkeye

I'll be up Sat morn around 8:30 or 9, look me up over at Knappers table, he's the ugly gray haired indian knapping flints n tellen whoppers.I'll most likely have on a period shirt n a wide brimmed straw hat, glasses n a stache.

Na Kumpel? Wie war's?

Has all your money found a new home? What did you bring home?

If you'll be back tomorrow, I'll be hanging around the NMLRA booth a lot - often w/ Chuck. Say hello.

I have to work today {saturday}
But sunday I feel a cold coming on
I am so sorry I missed seeing Chuck
I have some rounds for his Cookson
I came hame with most of the parts for My parts gun .69 cal A nice piece of Cherry wood
And A Tip Curtis English Fowler in 20Ga
It has a very nice piece of Walnut on it lots of color.
Well all is well here made it home safe ...had a Wonderful good time and already thinking about next year!
Hope to see you Sunday I have not met Chuck Yet
Deutsch

Back