• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixon's Gunmaker's Fair Is Over

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
The gun maker's fair is over. Dixon's announced the demise of the fair on their website. This is very sad news but not unexpected. Brenda Dixon, who ran the entire fair since Chuck Dixon retired has health issues and putting on the event was a real burden. She basically played it by year to see if she felt up to doing it each year. Anyway, Dixon's decided to end the event this year so an era in muzzleloading is over. Perhaps some of us can create some smaller local events to partially fill the gap.

dave

very sad news indeed. i hope brenda is doing well. i was so hoping it would happen this year after missing it last year. it was a great time, lots to see and learn. very , very great loss to our kind.

I just heard the news today. Very unfortunate. The Judge's Choice Award I received for my first build hangs proudly over my work bench to this day and has been inspiration to someday return with another entry. As popular as the fair was, I can't imagine something else won't be started to continue carrying the torch.

Last edited:
A friend sent me this.
It's about 30 miles from Dixon's.
Screenshot_20210201-003657_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly was never thrilled with Dixons fair. It was ok, but IMO, it wasn't as great as a lot of people made it out to be. Most of the wares were way overpriced. A lot of the items were simply useless, to the point of them being unnecessary. I never came away from there with a feeling of " Wow, look what I got". The pay to park feature never thrilled me either for such a small show, but I guess they had to use that angle because they knew a lot of people would walk around and buy nothing. The pay to park was a way for them to get something from everybody I guess. In truth not going to miss it a bit.

Hi,
The gun maker's fair is over. Dixon's announced the demise of the fair on their website. This is very sad news but not unexpected. Brenda Dixon, who ran the entire fair since Chuck Dixon retired has health issues and putting on the event was a real burden. She basically played it by year to see if she felt up to doing it each year. Anyway, Dixon's decided to end the event this year so an era in muzzleloading is over. Perhaps some of us can create some smaller local events to partially fill the gap.

dave
Fortunately, now, July 2022, it's on again at Kempton 3.5 miles N. or Dixon's. See you there!

I believe the Gunmaker's Fair will be re-animated better than ever; after the panic shutdown for a couple years, and a new but nearby location, it will be like a jolt of lightning, so to speak! Maybe more interest than ever. Everyone owes a great debt of thanks to the wonderful Dixon folks, it's a great thing that this did not die out but will be better than ever in it's beautiful location at Kempton.

Latest posts

Back