• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixon's Gunmaker's Fair is Canceled

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Got a post from Jim Chambers on another thread saying the fair is canceled this year because the state of PA will not allow gatherings of more than 25 people this summer. Hopefully, Brenda Dixon will keep it going next year.

dave

Having "worked" the Faire for twenty years I consider it to be a family reunion and Christmas all rolled into one. There are tears in my coffee this morning.

Ive never made it to Dixon's. I've heard about it for years and always wanted to attend, but it's a hike for an amateur like me. Im sorry to hear it's canceled.
Maybe next year.

BTW, where do you stay when at Dixon's? Is there a website or place where I can get more info?

This year was to be my first year attending. While I only live 20 minutes drive from Dixon's and they are my go to shop, I've never been to the fair. I've always had other things going. Late July was a common time for Field Problems! Since retiring from the Army I've been planning on attending. I'm sure it will be held in the Summer of 2021. It is too popular and important for the family and the many vendors/builders who come.

I will miss this event also! Greg and Brenda have done a terrific job for many years and this shop is THE place in my area for muzzle loading people! Daryl, I also live about 20 minutes away and that shop is like a candy store for grown ups.

Bummed that is was cancelled but not surprised. It's just an hour from me.
Was hoping to pick up a front sight for my $60 fleamarket flintlock. The one the Log Cabin Shop sent me falls out so I was hoping to test fit before buying another 1 that doesn't fit properly.
My wife wanted to pick up some more polished steer horns for her scrimshaw(she usually spends more than me).
I wonder what's going on with the rifle raffle?

Back