• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixons Gun Makers Fair - accomodations?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm very excited to be heading to the Dixons Gun Makers Fair for the first time ever. It's a 6+ hour drive for me, so I'm planning to head down on Thursday, July 27th and maybe check out the shop that afternoon, then explore/stay overnight and see the first day of the fair Friday before I have to carry on that afternoon.

Can anyone recommend a clean and modestly priced place to stay in the area? Thanks!

(I posted this in another forum, but it's vanished so must have been the wrong one? Admin - if this is to be deleted again, please advise if we have a forum for this kind of question).

Hi,
Most of us who have tables or do the seminars at Dixons stay at either the Sleep Inn or Choice Inn in Allentown, PA. They are about 15 miles from the fair.

dave

Thank you, Dave. I was hoping for something more economical, but that can be a risky way of choosing accommodation so I think the Sleep Inn will be my choice.

The Mrs and I will be headed up there for one of the days. We usually end up staying at the Marriott in the Bethlehem/Allentown area and just driving over to Dixon's in the morning.

There is a GREAT little bed and breakfast about one mile away.
The name escapes me right now, but the price was good, and the people great. Location, location, location.
It's called Hawk Mountain, B&B.

Try calling Dixons and ask them :wink: . Hamburg is not too far and Cabela's is in Hamburg with places to eat & sleep near the interstate. Kutztown is not far for that quaint Amish town feel.

I've got myself booked into the Holiday Inn in Allentown. Was able to use Air Miles, so not much of my spending cash got used up. :grin:

While you're in the area, don't miss stopping in at
"Dietrich's Meats & Country Store".

It is right by the highway exit as you head up to Dixon's. Amazing selection of sausages, meat sticks, pretzels, and strange things like big jars of pickled pig snouts. We always bring an Ice chest to take some meats home.

Back