• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixon Muzzleloaders Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwwwww SHUCKS!!!!!!

I just get a new vehicle this past year so I can go to Dixon's and thanks to Corvid, I couldn't go. Now they are closing it down permanently?

I really hope they change their minds once the vaccinations get going.

Gus

Or maybe someone else will take over the planning and logistical burden for the owners.
Always wanted to go, but never got around to it. Long drive from SW Missouri.

I had attended several of the earlier shows but as the years went by, it seems that there was always a conflict of interests that cropped up around the date of the Gun Fair. I never was able to attend any more of the fairs. And now, the fairs are no more. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Missed opportunities.
Story of my life, it seems sometimes.

I've always wanted to go to the fair, just never could make it out there when it was going on. I was a bit up set when I seen they were no longer doing the fair, me and a buddy were planning to go and then I see on fb it's no more.

I have been to the shop a half dozen times, sometimes I can stop when we're going out to the Cabelas we used to go to a tractor auction down 78 more and stopped at Dixon after coming back. Wish the shop was not 2.5 hours away I'd go more often.

I've Hurd there's not much in stock at the shop, anyone go recently I'd still would like to stop by this year.

1619394672152.png

Got this for a guy i shoot with a week or so ago...never been to it and hope it happens!

Daryl, i checked and email was friday...must be old age lol! I don’t think its to early but hope it happens as i know a lot of folks who attend the show look forward to it every year.

I did the Fair from early on when He took us all to a restaraunt for coming . I missed very few as the Fair was my last event before crossing the pond for August then back to US for the Eastern , Mississinawa, The Feast or some gun show before flying back home to NZ & you think from SW Missouri is a haul ?. ( Only kidding) I just never liked winter so I emulated the geese (Not as silly as they look !) till wife & bin lids came along .
Regards Rudyard

I've always wanted to go to the fair, just never could make it out there when it was going on. I was a bit up set when I seen they were no longer doing the fair, me and a buddy were planning to go and then I see on fb it's no more.

I have been to the shop a half dozen times, sometimes I can stop when we're going out to the Cabelas we used to go to a tractor auction down 78 more and stopped at Dixon after coming back. Wish the shop was not 2.5 hours away I'd go more often.

I've Hurd there's not much in stock at the shop, anyone go recently I'd still would like to stop by this year.
Visited about three weeks ago., Well stocked at the time

Sad to hear that Dixon's is closing down the fair. In the mid-90's, when I was an active ML enthusiast, I built a gun that took 3rd place at Dixon's in the First Gun category in 1995. It was a heady experience to be there at Dixon's to meet some of the professional gunmakers and to attend the seminars. Sadly, my eyesight declined and I no longer shoot MLs. At almost 82, I guess it's time to hang up the possibles bag. While at Dixon's in 95, I bought all the parts to make another gun, but never got around to it. Still have everything, except the Tiger Hunt stock blank - a Getz swamped .45 barrel, Chambers lock, etc. Maybe some day I'll post them for sale here - including a whole bunch of ML books, among which is the complete 5 vol set of Journal of Historical Armsmaking Technology. I don't have many pix of the gun with me today, but here is a shot of the patchbox.

Attachments

• Patchbox1.JPG
    Patchbox1.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 66
My last fair was 1999 I only had a wood stocked lemon butt Scots snaphance pistol so put it in as 'Journyman'. As I'me not so vain as the claim' Master' if no ''Novice' but certainly by any definition a' Journy man ' It gets appraised, passes first place but one judge had queried the ' Knurling' on the muzzle' evidently he took the styalised Scots thisle to be' knurled' but it was hand filed . The Judges being very expert with long rifles ect but not too many early 17th c Scots pistols . Chuck used to have a photo of me above the door stood looking vacant side on holding my 45 Wheellock in the dark forests of the Urawera mountains of NZ. seemed to amuse him I sold guns through them very useful service.
Dear Ted R Love the way you ran the patchbox lid screws ' North & South 'lovely work
Rudyard

Back