• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixon Muzzleloaders Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From their Facebook page:

It is time to announce that we will no longer be holding the Annual Gunmakers' Fair at Dixons. It has been a good long run, but for many reasons, we have come to the decision to end the fair.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank family and friends, judges, seminar speakers, volunteers, vendors, and all the folks who attended the Fair over the years.
Please know, we are not retiring. The shop will remain open for business in the coming years

Awwwwww SHUCKS!!!!!!

I just get a new vehicle this past year so I can go to Dixon's and thanks to Corvid, I couldn't go. Now they are closing it down permanently?

I really hope they change their minds once the vaccinations get going.

Gus

Oh well. I had attended several gun makers fairs in the past. Each new years I would say to myself, "this year I will go again", but it gets lost amongst other activities and forgotten.
The fair was a great place for the truly talented builders to display their handiwork. It will be missed by many.

Awwwwww SHUCKS!!!!!!

I just get a new vehicle this past year so I can go to Dixon's and thanks to Corvid, I couldn't go. Now they are closing it down permanently?

I really hope they change their minds once the vaccinations get going.

Gus

I don't think it will happen again based on what I have read. Ended due to the poor health of Brenda who did all the organizing. I don't think Covid caused it and vaccinations will not change it. You can always hope but I think it is a done deal.

I wish to thank Brenda and Greg for all of their time and expertise over the last 20 plus years. When I lived in Mertztown, Pa. I would go to their shop for wares and advise. They are very helpful and kind people! I know the shop isn't closing (I hope) but just wanted to thank them. The fair was awesome also! Thanks! Ed Reiss

I don't think it will happen again based on what I have read. Ended due to the poor health of Brenda who did all the organizing. I don't think Covid caused it and vaccinations will not change it. You can always hope but I think it is a done deal.

That's a real shame, but thank you for the information.

Gus

Visited Dixons a few years ago. Very good. Learned about tuning a flintlock and polishing the parts at one of their seminars. Also introduced to Rice Barrel co. A lot of excellent builds on display.

Hi.
The fair was on shaky ground for the last 5 years. Brenda Dixon has some health issues and her kids grew up and were no longer available to help out. Attendance was declining as well. AmericanLongrifle.org folks (ALR), particularly Tom Curran, stepped up for the last few years to help organize the fair. Essentially, we arranged the vendors, seminars, and demos so Brenda could just focus on the fair infrastructure. It is a shame because our efforts were infusing life back into the fair. I suspect any influence of the pandemic was such that last year Brenda had the first summer free she's had in 30 years and maybe she enjoyed that. Anyway, I thank the Dixon family for all of their efforts and wish them all the best.

dave

While I'm disappointed about the fair, I'm grateful for Dixon's. Greg is very tolerant of my foolish questions. I suppose other places in PA might try to pick up the "slack" as there is still some interest in this style of shooting.

Very saddened to hear about the fair ending I have enjoyed it for years.Sorrry to hear about Brenda”s health,Greg and Brenda have always been very helpful I enjoy going there.

Hi,
I've seen a number of videos of the fair over the years and they always focus on the same vendors, the blacksmith shed, and the rifling machine but they almost always fail to cover what was the heart and soul of the fair, the seminars and demonstrations. Those were what kept many if not most folks coming back to the fair every year and were the original intent of the fair. The gun and horn judging were also key features and part of Dixon's original plan for the fair to be educational. Folks could always visit with mostly the same vendors at Lewisburg and the CLA show to stock up with supplies but at Dixon's you could learn how to design a long rifle, tune a lock, cast inlays, sharpen gravers, fix inletting mistakes, make tools, best practices for finishes, how to do wire inlay, how to carve, how to shape gun stocks, and much, much more. It was a great event and we owe the Dixons and all the volunteers who put on the fair a great debt of gratitude.

dave

I had attended several of the earlier shows but as the years went by, it seems that there was always a conflict of interests that cropped up around the date of the Gun Fair. I never was able to attend any more of the fairs. And now, the fairs are no more. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Missed opportunities.

Latest posts

Back