• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixon gun makers fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-----Dixons is great--can't go there as often as I like since gas went to the moon [well not that high] :haha: takes me about 1 hr 15 min to get there-----

Well, I won't make it this year, for the first time since 2002. I made the mistake of getting married on July 27th. Getting married certainly wasn't a mistake, but if I'd only realized what weekend that was! :shake:

Actually, I'm lucky. Most years my wife lets me go as part of her anniversary present to me. :grin: Sometimes she's even gone with me, although she's interested for maybe half an hour - forty-five minutes, especially now that we have two small children in tow, not old enough to appreciate it themselves yet.

-----I believe the fair is always the last weekend in July-----tell her it's a second honeymoon-----

-----was at Dixon's this week and Gregg said all of the vender's are scheduled to be there this year--should be fun if it just isn't so hot-----

Living only 35-40 minutes away, I'll be there at least two of the three days. I'd like to sit in on some of the lectures presented on Saturday, and if I'm sitting, I'm not spending! :thumbsup:

I have about a 2hour drive but I'll be there. That sounds like nothing when I hear about jumping on a plane to get there. I'm planning to sit in on a seminar or 2. Getting ready to start on my first build in 25 years. I hope I'm more talented this time around. Going to try to cram alot of knowledge in one day

I'll be working at Knapper's tables at the bottom of the steps leading up to the shop itself, stop by n say hello. I'll be the short fat guy with long hair n glasses, might even dress in costume this year. should have some wingbone turkey calls available too if anybodies interested. Hope its not as hot n humid as usual this year hee hee hee. Dixon's is a GREAT SHOW n if ya have wondered about whether its worth it or not to travel to then get in yer vehicle n come on over because it is well worth it. The seminars are fantastic n whats availble for sale is outstanding, as well as all the guns n other stuff to be judged out for your looky see.

I'll be at Dixon's all three days "working" in the garage at the accouterment table registering entrants and watching the goods. Just look for the best looking guy there, he'll point me out. This is a one of a kind event and is put on by some very special people for the benefit of us all in the muzzleloading fraternity. I hope you can be there.

I just made my hotel reservations for Saturday night, going up for both weekend days. Last year was my first time there, since then I've built one gun, almost finished a second and learned a lot. Anxious to see it all and sit in the seminars now that I know a little bit more. Last time was great, but didn't really know what I was looking at!

RiverRat said:
Osprey said:
Last time was great, but didn't really know what I was looking at!
I know exactly what you mean. My eyes are constantly changing in the way I look at things :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just your failing eyesight in your advancing age! :blah: :rotf:

Yes I am maturing, however, I am at peace with my age and I don't need to put black shoe polish on my beard to TRY to look younger! Would you be interested in a little race? On foot I mean!

Back