• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixie "Lincoln" Deringer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mec

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these? I will probably try one out in the next few months. The price suggests that it is a good replica but it is made by Palmetto Arms which is a bit scary. The only Dixie review is on the Kit and the revier was not a bit impressed by it.

Sorry, but I don't own one.
Having said that, I do have an opinion though.

I am looking at the Dixie 2003 catalog and they say they think it is worth $425 Finished or $160 for the kit. I note that the kit does not include casehardening, engraving or checkering.

To me, the prices are a bit high. :imo:

Whether it is worth that much to you, only you can decide but I will say if you are buying it to shoot it, remember this Derringer was designed as a personal protection gun for ranges from 1 to 8 feet.
IMO if Lincoln would have been 6 feet from Booth, the worst he would have had was some powder burns on the back of his neck. ::

Back