• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixie Gunworks- Problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed a parts order last month and the nice lady at DGW taking the order was up front about how long it would be until they were shipped. One month was the estimate and it was pretty much on time.

Anyone having problems with their Dixie Gunworks orders? I placed an order over three weeks ago, got a thank you for your money email but no order as of yet. Sent two emails to customer service but no response. I don't even know if the order was ever shipped. Just wondering.
DGW web page says they are backlogged on shipping by 3 or 4 weeks. I have dealt with DGW for over 30 years and never had any real issues with them. We are still in difficult times. Give them a chance.

We've gotten used to fast service and get all upset when it slows down. Especially younger folks. I remember well having to fill out an order form to Dixie or Herters and stick it in the mail box along with a check. A few weeks later the order would show up at the local post office. The internet has spoiled us.

Dixie has had a problem with shipping of in stock items, I think due to lack of help. They were very upfront with me on how long delivery would be on my last order.

The long delivery time of a Pedersoli Brown Bess may be due to lack of inventory. Pedersoli is an Italian company and Italy took a huge hit from COVID early on.

I ordered 1807 harpers flintlock on May 14th and got it May 28. I ordered flints on May 21 and got them June 3. Considering all the problems with the supply chain and employees either sick, afraid of catching covid, or making more sitting at home, I am happy with Dixie and will continue to order from them.

Dixies is catching up. You were told orders were backed up when you ordered. Why complain here.
Yep, the nice lady there told me my Dragoon parts would take a month to get and they were exactly that.

Ive ordered from them had no issues, packed well I kinda figured they are a small company over whelmed. I just ordered early giving myself a good 4 week buffer, figuring by the time it comes in I will need it. With all this covid manure messing up the economy I just kept patient and ordered stuff before I needed it, I have zero issues with them and hope they stay a float and no doubt will use them again.

Back