• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixie Gunworks- Problems

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RFindley

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Anyone having problems with their Dixie Gunworks orders? I placed an order over three weeks ago, got a thank you for your money email but no order as of yet. Sent two emails to customer service but no response. I don't even know if the order was ever shipped. Just wondering.

Dixie has been having shipping backlog problems due to the rush of orders and is presently experiencing a 4 week delay between the order being placed and the order being shipped.

The Dixie Gun Works home page clearly states that there is a 3 to 4 week backlog in shipping of orders.

Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

There have been several threads on shipping issues and Dixie has been mentioned several times. Eventually the order will be shipped.

Dixie Gun Works | The Muzzleloading Forum

I placed an order for an 1851 colt navy about two weeks ago and the nice lady said it wouldn't ship for about six weeks. OK, no problem, it'll just take awhile. They are obviously backed up on everything and it is just the way things are now with the covid situation all over the country. Patience is what is requred nowadays. I'm waiting patiently.

Remember we are playing a game where it took months to ship things a few hundred miles. As a cabinet maker I am having to wait weeks or even months to get hinges or cabinet grade plywood.

Ordered a Trapper pistol on 2/25 and got shipping confirmation yesterday 3/22.
That's exactly in line with what they say it will take.

wm

I ordered parts for my new model Remington and it took about 5 weeks to get them. be patient is all I can tell you.

An order from earlier year this took a little over a month, though I wasn’t counting the exact number of days, nor was I worried.
Sent two emails to customer service but no response.
Keep sending emails and calling if you want to complain about what they have clearly stated. If everyone does this we can keep this small family owned company answering emails and phone calls instead of shipping product.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I can understand AND live with the present circumstances. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone and that my order had fallen through the cracks.

it took me six weeks to get gun flints. and no tracking # came up. so be patient, it is the nature of the beast!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I can understand AND live with the present circumstances. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone and that my order had fallen through the cracks.
They are good and stand behind their sales ... probably part of the reason for their backlog ..

Anyone having problems with their Dixie Gunworks orders? I placed an order over three weeks ago, got a thank you for your money email but no order as of yet. Sent two emails to customer service but no response. I don't even know if the order was ever shipped. Just wondering.
You know, they're a fine company; imagine the 'panic buying' people are doing; the demand for guns has even swept over the muzzleloading community; you shouldn't worry, Dixie is one of the best!

I have traded with Dixie since the early 1970's and have not one complaint, yes I have received slow shipment ; but it was accurate and complete. I have had questions about orders and merchandise but a phone call and now an e-mail gets response.

You know, they're a fine company; imagine the 'panic buying' people are doing; the demand for guns has even swept over the muzzleloading community; you shouldn't worry, Dixie is one of the best!
I emailed a local gun shop about caps .. he wrote back that the country is all out !

Ordered some stuff in Jan. and arrived first part of March. Called and emailed shipping dept. many times and finely got an answer, "due to covid we only have one person in shipping".

My last order from dixie took five weeks to get to me.

They are a very small company, unlike Amazon. If you had ordered 2 months earlier you would have had it by now. Patience!
Nit Wit

Latest posts

Back